Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
babefacex3

Has anyone been "cured" by using differin?

no no and no.. i've been using the .1% for about a year now... i still get breakouts. it definately helps to really dry out pimples but beware cuz it also dries out your WHOLE face (even where you don't apply it)

Unfortunately, the truth is, acne doesn't have a cure yet. The closest thing that comes to an acne cure right now is Accutane (isotretinoin), but even that isn't a fullproof method. A lot of patients who go on it end up having remissions.

Differin (a topical retinoid) can't cure acne. At best, it's what we've got to keep it "under control" until your body naturally gets to a stage where the acne settles down or goes away on its own (in the meanwhile, our goal would be to minimize scarring and formations of lesions).

However, it is also true that some people will have acne until they are way past into their adulthood, in which case, the above mentioned isotretinoin may be in for a try.

Anyhow, I wanted to let you know that, so that you won't end up having hopes of acne being completely cured by Differin. It's a good medication for those that can tolerate it, and it does a pretty good job of keeping acne under control.