Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
imjstpeachy

People who have/had bangs...Help!

People who have/had bangs--did your acne seem to get worse after getting them, or was your skin not really affected by them? and if it got worse, did your skin eventually get used to it and calm down?

I got bangs last week but just started wearing them down on monday. I have mild, uninflamed acne on my forehead that never really gets worse than small whiteheads. It kind of goes through phases where it'll clear up, but then the next week comes back more. Since wearing them down I haven't really noticed it getting much worse (nothing too noticeable anyways), so do you think that if bangs were going to cause a breakout, then it would have happened already, or what?

I have bangs and they dont give me any problems. If you touch your head/bangs too much Im sure the oils from your hands may have an effect on your skin there - But Im sure you already knew that :)

Just keep your hands and bangs clean & Im sure you'll be fine!

They also help when you get a breakout on you forehead and want to cover it haha.

It caused cystic acne on my forehead, when I had them about 3 years ago. My aunt recently got bangs, and she says they are like a sort of barrier for her skin against the various fumes of London. She is 25 though, so I recommend that you wait a bit, at least until puberty is over.

I'm English but I'm guessing bangs are fringes right? I have a sort of below eye length fringe and I find that I have no problem with it. I only get the occasional spot now and then near the top of my forehead. When I was younger at school, I used to keep my hair short because my fringe would cause acne but this is probably because I would put so much crap in my hair. Now I don't use any styling stuff.

P.S. I also washed my hair daily -rolls eyes-

But also, the oiliness of your skin plays a large role...mine was pretty bad back then so maybe it was just congested under all that hair.

Well, you can always pin it up =P

It caused cystic acne on my forehead, when I had them about 3 years ago. My aunt recently got bangs, and she says they are like a sort of barrier for her skin against the various fumes of London. She is 25 though, so I recommend that you wait a bit, at least until puberty is over.

I'm English but I'm guessing bangs are fringes right? I have a sort of below eye length fringe and I find that I have no problem with it. I only get the occasional spot now and then near the top of my forehead. When I was younger at school, I used to keep my hair short because my fringe would cause acne but this is probably because I would put so much crap in my hair. Now I don't use any styling stuff.

yeah, bangs=fringe. How old are you now? I'm 16, so I'm still in the midst of the acne years, but its improved a ton since starting retin-a and doryx. Hopefully the bangs won't ruin my progress :pray: .

Bangs caused me to break out on my forehead, even though I wash my hair everyday. Now that I'm letting it grow out again, my forehead's cleared significantly.

If it's a hotter climate where you are, you can break out from sweating with the bangs on your forehead. Also if you use any sort of hair products, say hairspray could be causing some clogging issues. I suggest paying close attention to these things & see if it makes a difference if you don't use product on the bangs area for a while. Also, like mentioned above, hands to the face is the biggest no-no. Since the bangs are new, you could be playing with them which will also cause breakouts if you're touching that area of the face more.

yeah, bangs=fringe. How old are you now? I'm 16, so I'm still in the midst of the acne years, but its improved a ton since starting retin-a and doryx. Hopefully the bangs won't ruin my progress :pray: .

If it's a hotter climate where you are, you can break out from sweating with the bangs on your forehead. Also if you use any sort of hair products, say hairspray could be causing some clogging issues. I suggest paying close attention to these things & see if it makes a difference if you don't use product on the bangs area for a while. Also, like mentioned above, hands to the face is the biggest no-no. Since the bangs are new, you could be playing with them which will also cause breakouts if you're touching that area of the face more.

I normally have bangs. Not sure if they caused a breakout but don't have acne there anymore b/c of the DKR.

Bangs/fringes cause no issues with acne for me.

If they do for you, I'd suggest looking into the products and shampoos/conditioners you use. That may be the problem, not the hair itself.

Started to cause breakouts within a week...

But then again, I have an oily T-zone and I got them in the summer, so my bangs would like, stick to my forehead. Gross, haha. XD

It's been fine. I wash my hair every 2 or 3 days. Sometimes do my fringe in between if it feels grimey. In betweens I just use face wash. Normally I mix a little in to the front when I shampoo. Products I just smear a little on the outer hair and when it gets sweaty and ick I try to sweep it of my face a bit. I may not need to do all that but I was concerned it was going to be a problem. But it has in fact been pretty sweet.

Started to cause breakouts within a week...

But then again, I have an oily T-zone and I got them in the summer, so my bangs would like, stick to my forehead. Gross, haha. XD

It's been fine. I wash my hair every 2 or 3 days. Sometimes do my fringe in between if it feels grimey. In betweens I just use face wash. Normally I mix a little in to the front when I shampoo. Products I just smear a little on the outer hair and when it gets sweaty and ick I try to sweep it of my face a bit. I may not need to do all that but I was concerned it was going to be a problem. But it has in fact been pretty sweet.