Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PatDaniels

Woot woot Accutane!

COURSE DONE FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS! View recent pictures as of June 10, 2010:

Picture 1

Picture 2

Name: Patrick

Dosage: 50 mg/day (will get bumped to 60 mg when I gain some more weight - trying hard)

Brand: Sotret

Started: April 17, 2008

Days 1-6

Just started the Accutane. No changes, as expected, and no side-effects, thankfully.

Edited by PatDaniels

Day 7

No facial changes yet that I can notice, but my girlfriend says the bumps are smoother and pinker instead of red. Still no initial breakout, so I'm thankful for that.

Side-effects are kicking in. My back definitely hurts more than usual. And my lips have been dry as hell; no cracking in them, at least. I didn't have any lip balm while I was at school, sadly, but I put on a bunch when I got home.

Day 8

It's still morning, so I'll update this later.

But at the moment, my lips aren't extremely dry...yet. I really hope they don't get very dry today. I forgot to bring my lip balm to school. :\

My back still hurts.

When I woke up I noticed my face had some flaky, dead skin on it. So I'm assuming my skin is starting to dry out.

Update:

Lips got dry today - very dry occasionally - but not as bad overall as yesterday. My back didn't hurt as much as it did yesterday, but it still hurts pretty badly.

Skin is still dry and flaky.

Hey! We started at almost the same time and we're both on Sotret so I'm definitely going to keep track of your progress. Best wishes to you on your course! :)

Hey! We started at almost the same time and we're both on Sotret so I'm definitely going to keep track of your progress. Best wishes to you on your course! :)

Day 9

Nothing much changing today.

My chin area was redder than the rest of my face this morning, but it looked better after I got a shower.

Still dry lips and an aching back. I don't really care about most of the side-effects. The only one I really want to avoid is getting a nose bleed.

I'm almost done with my first 10-pack in both the 30 mg and 20 mg boxes. I'll post pictures once I'm done with them.

My current snack of choice is crunchy peanut butter mixed with sliced almonds. Not a lot of sugar in that. Then water during or after to wash it down. Lol.

I was trying to eat really well today, because yesterday we had an ice cream party in Chemistry and...let's just say I went all-out. Lots of sugar and chocolate. Lol. But I'm surprised it didn't affect my face all that much. I guess maybe that's why my chin was red, but I don't know.

Day 10

Nothing excitingly new today. I just got bored, so I felt like posting.

Lips are still dry. Eating five tacos really didn't help them feel any better. They stung.

And my back still hurts. But I'm getting used to the pain.

I don't know if it's because of the Accutane, but my left upper-arm randomly gets cramps now. And it's really annoying.

My chin itches so much. It's so hard not to pick. I couldn't help it today. Had to get rid of a big whitehead. Oh well.

I've been drinking a lot of water. :] I drink milk all the time. So every time I get an urge for milk, I usually get a glass of water instead. And I try to drink water with every meal, instead of milk.

New pictures go up tomorrow, if I get time.

Hey whats up brah. Just wanted to give you a piece of advice...for avoiding those nose-bleeds heres a few tips:

1. Don't sleep with your fan on

2. Don't pick your nose as soon as you wake up or during the night. Wait until after your shower to blow/pick it

3. Use nasal spray 2-3 times twice before you go to bed

Trust me...i had to deal with them and this is the way to prevent them.

Anyways...good luck with your tane...its a long journey...but its worth every pill!

Hey whats up brah. Just wanted to give you a piece of advice...for avoiding those nose-bleeds heres a few tips:

1. Don't sleep with your fan on

2. Don't pick your nose as soon as you wake up or during the night. Wait until after your shower to blow/pick it

3. Use nasal spray 2-3 times twice before you go to bed

Trust me...i had to deal with them and this is the way to prevent them.

Anyways...good luck with your tane...its a long journey...but its worth every pill!

Day 16

6 days since I updated. This goes by fast...ish. Lol.

Let's see.

Back still hurts.

Lips get consistently drier.

Face is still flaky.

I no longer have a cramp in my upper left arm. Yay! :]

I got a rash on the middle of both of my forearms. It was pretty bad the other day and spread to most of my forearm, but it slowly got better and isn't very widespread anymore.

I had a Tall Double Chocolaty Chip Frappucino Blended Creme from Starbucks today.

Oops...

45 grams of sugar.

Oh well. :P

Day 20

My right hip area hurts in certain positions. I don't know if it's the Accutane. I race BMX, so I go on bike rides, like, every day, usually just to visit a friend though. But, I, of course, use my hip/legs a lot, so I may have just pulled a muscle or something yesterday. I guess it could also be Accutane amplifying the pain if I pulled something, since it has potential to cause joint/muscle/bone pain, etc.

So my mom, like, freaked when I told her (she tends to overreact just a tinyyy bit); she left a message at the derm. who will hopefully call back later.

I'll update later. Time for school.

Day 31

My first month is over! I get my new script filled Monday when the shipment comes in.

I only had three pills left Friday, so I'm taking one a day until I run out tomorrow.

My dermatologist said she's really impressed by my improvement in just the first month of the medication. :D

My face still has red marks, but they're mostly flat now, unlike the lumps and bumps and hills and mountains I used to have.

You can see the changes in the photos I just uploaded, when they're approved.

I still have my rash, but it's slowly but surely going away, with sudden flare-ups during the process - like just a few days ago when it spread to most of my forearms and was really red and bumpy. Now it's contained to just the middle of my forearms and hardly noticeable.

Back still hurts and my lips still get really dry.

I use Cetaphil - like everyone else, mostly - as my moisturizer.

Hi, thanks for coming back to update your progress! Your skin looks amazing! You must be really pleased. I'm almost a week into my treatment, and it gives me hope :)

I started my generic Accutane today too! Glad someone else is out there with me, I felt like I was jumping into the big unkown on a leap of faith.

I agree! Wonderful results! I just started my treatment about 5 days ago, so I really appreciate seeing results like this. Thank you!

yes it's a really wonderful result to see...Thanks for letting us know that such miracles still happen...You're a cute guy btw...

I know this is an extra old regimen log of mine, but I wanted to show the long-term effects of Accutane, as in nearly two years off of Accutane.

View recent pictures from June 10, 2010.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Please check out my gallery for older pictures including pre-Accutane photos.

I feel much more confident, albeit a bit more self-centered with expensive clothes and hair, but I guess clear skin contributed to that.

Edited by PatDaniels

You look amazing! :)

Thanks! It's really wonderful how often I get stuff like that now. No one ever used to comment on how I looked...except one insecure girl who just had to say, "Hey, your zits make a triangle!"

But now I get compliments all the time on my general appearance and also my eyes, I guess because back in the day, no one wanted to be close enough to me to even see my eyes.

Edited by PatDaniels