Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roxy250

Concern on Food Combining? Please Look..

my diet is fine and my skin is almost 100%clear but I been reading on food combining and how eating things like protein with grains isn't good for your digestion.. So thats means eating eggwhites with healthy whole grain toast is bad for digestion? This is really throwing me off... I heard the food combining is skeptical and not 100% conclusive.. im also losing a little weight by listenting to food combining meaning i stopped having protein with grains and say almonds in oatmeal they say aren't good for digestion which can lead to potiential acne.. Should I not bother with food combining?

Grains in general aren't good for your digestion, it doesn't matter if you add protein or not. The best solution is to just cut back on some of the grain in your diet.

i looked into this myself about a year ago.

That's when i discovered watery foods such as lettice, tomatoe etc should be eaten first and not last.

I think it is being a little bit to specific to be honest. Like the other poster said, grains in general arn't the best no matter what you combine them with. I don;t think grains are going to be worse when combined with other foods, they will most likely have a constant value of not goodness no matter what.

I don't know much on food combining. From what I remember, supposedly protein requires a more acidic environment and starches require a more alkaline, and as a result you shouldn't combine the two. There might be some truth to this if you find yourself having digestive troubles with certain types of meals. On the otherside, combining proteins with starches also lowers the GI effect of the starches.

I am going to have to agree with everyone else. Just limit starches to the best of your ability and you should be ok.

As far as I understand digestion of carbs and proteins is a completely different process. When you eat them together you ask the body to do two different things at the same time. Of course it's not possible. So as a result both carbs and proteins are digested incompletely.

How much does it matter is a different thing.

For my one cooked meal a day I don't care much about food combining. It's probably not ideal thing to do, but so far works for me.