Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hollinger

Adult Acne Treatment

Acne is the most common skin complaint in the world. And it is not restricted to teenagers. Adult acne is a common but rarely discussed complaint that is thought to affect around 25% of adult men and up to 50% of adult women at some time in their adult lives. And adult acne treatment is often sought although the cause, namely the existence of the acne, is rarely talked about. Adult acne treatment is very common.

More reading at http://acne.zzz00.com

I'm writing with the hope of helping others. I was a clear-skinned person for about 40 years - then I started to get pimples in my early 40s. Even though the individual pimples weren't bad, the cumulative effect was that they ended up scarring my face. Since it was one or two pimples a cycle, I didn't do anything about it until after a few years when it became bad. By that time, my face already had a few scars on it. I went to the doctor and was first prescribed an ointment that I was supposed to put on at night. It basically did nothing. Then I bought Neutrogena's liquid soap for acne prone skin - it seemed to help, but there's only so much you can wash your face - and I'd still get pimples that scarred. Finally I went to a dermatologist who prescribed an oral antibiotic - Minocycline (Bormycin) - which had an immediate positive impact. I've been taking it for about a month and a half, and I haven't had one pimple. (I used to have at least one ulcerated pimple every day.) My advice is to see a dermatologist immediately if your skin starts to change and you start getting pimples. Since I waited a few years, my face has scar marks all over it...