Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have had a few blackheads extracted before, but I have never gotten deep whiteheads extracted like I am planning to in about a week and a half.

After you have a professional at a facial treatment spa extract whiteheads approximately how long were you red in those areas after? I really want to know because I have something important to do a couple days after and dont wan't to be brutal looking.

Please post if you know! (I posted this in two forums because I wasn't sure if it qualified as whiteheads or uninflamed acne, sorry)

Redness can be seen for at most 1 days after extraction, but the day of extractions it will be quite red. The second day, everything should be almost to completely normal.

Well, I just had a 30 minute facial at the dermatologist and it was $90 and she barely took out anything. What she did attempt to get, 50% of it is inflamed now and STILL RED. Just my experience. I am on accutane though so thats probably why its all irritated, you should be fine. But you could DIY given you do your research and do it right....

I DIY and the results are the same.

for me, my redness always stays for few days! i hate post-extraction period - i will have red marks and things on my face that will make me look worse than pre-extraction. but it will get better after .. 5 days? i think it depends on individual.. so probably the redness on your face would be gone after one night :)

anyone else think that doing that is a good idea? I dont get terrible clogged pores (probably 2-3 a month). I'm going to be starting a mild exfoliant to see if that helps, but I have a bunch on my face that have been there for almost a year. Thanks for the opinions.

Please let me know if you have had successful facials... I need to get rid of theseeeeeeeee. Please le me know!

i just got a facial with extractions done about 6 hours ago and oh man does my face look awful, red spots everywhere! the esthetician seemed to have gotten a lot out, but alot of them are still really inflammed and look like pimples now, i'm hoping it'll heal nicely. does anybody know if inflammation hours after is normal?

Run an ice cube over your entire face, not holding it in any one spot for long. That will help the redness and inflammation. Some redness is normal after an extraction, but six hours after seems like the esthetician was not careful enough.