Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
near

Which mirror shows the face that other people will see?

I look like crap in my bathroom mirror. But it doesn't show my "bumps" like a car window does, but the car window doesn't show my flakes as much as my bathroom mirror.

Which one do I believe in? Which one is the one that represents what other people see.

All mirrors are different it seems, I fricken hate 'em. I figure wichever mirror

I look worst in and "shows" the most, that's what others see.

Good question. I really wouldn't know. My best guess would be any mirror which is close to outdoor light. I remember seeing myself in a number of mirrors that were. My reflection looked very natural.

But people see you in different lighting all the time; in the house, in a bar, outdoors on a sunny day, outdoors while it's overcast... It goes on and on so there's no real telling, really.

Idnha

I hate reflective surfaces lol.

When I look in them I look fine and normal without acne.

Then when I go to the bathroom and look in the mirror I look horrible :boohoo:

Those mirrors the dentist shoves right into your face so you can see your mouth clearly are pretty bad.

I always feel the need to shave off my ugly beard that I can't fully grow. Not to mention the acne.

I hate it when your lookin in a mirror and you think you look bad or something, but then you can see your friends reflection and they look normal, so the mirror must be telling the truth.

Don't believe either they tell you nothing about yourself! You can feel as good as you want to feel about yourself, believe me I've physically looked worse than you probably ever will.

It's highly dependent on the lighting. I also find myself look like rubbish under the bright lights, especially those at hair salons.

I just use the best mirror / lit room combination. If I catch a glimpse of myself in the bad mirrors, I don't even wanna leave the house.

Getting a haircut is the worst! I thought I was clearing up, (and I actually am) but the mirror there just makes the redmarks show up like bones in an x-ray. :doh:

Getting a haircut is the worst! I thought I was clearing up, (and I actually am) but the mirror there just makes the redmarks show up like bones in an x-ray. :doh:

The car mirrors are the worst because they are in BROAD DAYLIGHT. No other mirrors are really outside in the middle of the day. I hate them, but i think that is what people see (outside in the day anyway)

wow what a post...i never thought people feel this way about mirrors too. I thought it was just me.. The car mirrors are horrrrrrible. like the side ones to check for cars or whatever. This mirror at work...I never look in that mirror. My bathroom mirror is not bad in the morning..but at night it looks pretty aweful.

My bathroom mirror is the one I like the best. If I check myself in my car mirror or any mirror with fluorescent lighting, I hate what I see. Candlelight is the very best light!

candlelight makes me look sooo gooood...

I am the most self conscious in a restaurant with mostly sunlight (and very little bulb light) coming in from huge windows. I feel like it's a giant spotlight and the daylight just highlights every flaw... Now if i manage to snag the seat with my back to the window, I know I'm in the shadow and feel a lot better. (if there is adequate bulb-light then this can lessen my daylight anxiety)

Car mirrors are terrible! I think its the same phenomenon of being in a shaded area (car) with sunlight coming in. If I am standing outside in direct sunlight, I feel neutral (outside photos are ok and I've used a hand held to re-apply lipstick or whatnot...and it was fine)

Inside bulb light = good. Fluorescent lighting is hit or miss (might depend on whether its pure fluorescent or a mix with bulb/daylight...).

So yea, candlelight ftw...

Man this is haunting me too. The worst thing is that i am a mirror addict. Usually i checked myself in every mirror there was in a house 3-4 times before i leave the house. Today i just believe the mirrors that make me look good. It's not worth believing the other ones!

It depends a lot on lighting and angles. I guess people see you differently in different light / angle. That's why i never stand/sit directly beneath a light source, haha.

FINALLY!! someone asks this fucking question! I thought it was just me hallucinating, EVERY GOD DAMNED mirror shows my face in a different way! My bathroom mirror seems to show me as the least ugly, which truly is unfortunate for me. I'd rather see me at my ABSOLUTE UGLIEST, so I had something legitimate to judge as how hideous I am to the world. I hate going outside to a restaurant bathroom, and the mirror shows sheer UGLINESS that wasnt shown through my bathroom window! It's like my mirror makes some of my scars look less visible than they really are, it pisses me the fuck off!!! such a lie.

I guess mirrors show us differently. I just figure I'm ugly as shit all-around, and try to be the best PERSON as possible, no matter what people see. It works usually.

Car mirrors are the absolute WORST ! They seem to magnify every pore and every zit and everything. My bathroom mirror is the best, it seems to fade the red marks and even out my skin tone more (or it could just be the lighting in my bathroom). But what annoys me even more is when you're talking to someone and instead of looking you in the eyes they seem to be looking at your not-clear-skin :doubt: