Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BePimpled

I feel like peeling my face off!!

I just wish I could somehow PEEL my face off so I dont have to look at it. I hate it and I hate the way I look!! It's so unfair. I don't smoke, I dont drink, I eat 5+ servings of fruit every day,stopped consuming sugar, stopped eating meat, eat mostly vegetables,cleanse every day with organic crap, use mineral make up, have tried every over the counter crap, used every cream/lotion/antibiotic (except accutane) given by my doctor, would never fall asleep without cleansing my face and yet I have acne! Now, theres my friend with crystal clear skin. She, on the other hand, never washes her face. She washes it once a week because she's weird and doesn't like water on her face. She smokes, drinks, eats mostly junk, wears heavy make up and has beautiful skin. She actually puts HAIRSPRAY on her face to keep her liquid foundation in place. Then, she doesn't wash her face and the next day she'll lather some more liquid foundation on top of that and finish it off with hairspray. No zits, ever.

I just don't get it. I scratch my face and BAM..zit! Well, I'll just go back to crying..since that's the only thing left to do ;(

Ahhh i have daydreams like that.

I was looking at a girl that once thought i was hot and came after me like everyday and i thought... Omg if only i could walk up to her and say "i'm not who you think i am"

Then i'd peel my face off to reveal a Hot handsome guy.

I'd take my top off and peel off my measly four pack and reveal a Fully fledged eight pack.

Then i'd take her into a....

Well thats all you guys need to know eh!?!?! lol

AHHH dreams ROCK!

It really is unfair, but I'm sure you would look a damn sight worse without your face! You could even end up with Nicholas Cage's face if you carry on down that route...

Anyway while we are on the subject of that blemished veneer you think you wear and the fantastical treatments for it, consider the fact that there really is no cure for acne - its something you can overcome from the inside - out. Please dont let what you look like define you, I'm sure your worth so much more.

Some of us are desperatley unlucky when it comes to our complexion (I'm with you on the scratch = zit conundrum) but just whack on some of your fav music and sit back, you have accutane yet to try and even if that fails there will be something else that will work for you, even if it isnt a cream or a pill.

I've just hit bottom. I go from having horrible skin to clear skin to horrible skin all within 2 months. It's not even the acne by itself..I dont even know what it is. I just can't have a normal life. I seriously mean it when I say scratching my face will break me out. So, I "scratch" with the back of my hand or grind my teeth until the itchy sensation goes away. NOT NORMAL! God forbid I should accidently fall asleep without washing my face. I have no friends, because I have isolated myself from everyone and refuse to answer my phone when they call. I don't want to be out in public and when I sam, I usually walk around with my head down. I'm embarrassed to talk to people, because I don't want them looking at me. If I hear someone laugh, I automatically assume that they are laughing about my acne. Theres times, where I just don't care about my skin. I go out without makeup, keep my head up and just don't care. Unfortunately, now it's not one of those times. I feel like so down......

i'm sorry about my above comment.

It was inconsiderate.

I feel so alike to you.

I mean it. Everything you have said i am feeling too.

What i find cheers me up is to go on msn (or phone a friend), and think to myself that i'm happy. (even if i am not) and then i will talk to my friend until i forget my worries of my appearance.

Just think to yourself, we are only young for so long....

People don't notice acne. They dont!

I feel like they do, and when i wrote that above sentence i kept telling myself that its not true.

But in the back of my head i know they dont.

They care about your personality.

Dont let your appearance bring your personality down!

When I get an itch, I use rubbing alcohol and sandpaper. :lol: (I hope that made you laugh)

All joking aside, sounds like you're letting your diet/acne control your life. When your friends call you, talk to them. They're probably conserned about you and want to help.

Sometimes I think of these weird scenarios where I am on the Tyra Banks show (you know how she dresses up like diff people so she knows what it feels like to be them? yeah) and I'm only "wearing" this face to see how people treat me differently and I have this urge to say, "This is a disguise!"

P.S. I don't watch Tyra, I hear about her escapades on The Soup. =P

Sometimes I think of these weird scenarios where I am on the Tyra Banks show (you know how she dresses up like diff people so she knows what it feels like to be them? yeah) and I'm only "wearing" this face to see how people treat me differently and I have this urge to say, "This is a disguise!"

I've actually been to her show and she's a.. well...lets say MEAN person! I was so afraid they would get a shot of my face and all of America would see my acne ;(

Sometimes I think that I'm so shallow, because I spend so much time worrying about acne but I just can't help it.

Thanks for replying...made me actually feel better. I went to the store without any makeup, bought strawberries and ice cream and ate it all while sitting outside and not giving a shit!

I've actually been to her show and she's a.. well...lets say MEAN person! I was so afraid they would get a shot of my face and all of America would see my acne ;(

Sometimes I think that I'm so shallow, because I spend so much time worrying about acne but I just can't help it.

Thanks for replying...made me actually feel better. I went to the store without any makeup, bought strawberries and ice cream and ate it all while sitting outside and not giving a shit!

You seemed really stressed. Remember the time when you were the most clear. Try to analyze the possible reasons for that. Also, on all these different tropicals/meds/etc, did you wait atleast 6-7 months to decide if it was working? And 5+ fruit servings a day is a massive amount of sugar.

I hope you feel better! If not, here's this rabbit for you!

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8069/st...ny1sizedvk0.jpg

(can't seem to get it to display in the post)

OMG!!!! That is the cutest thing I've ever seen!! Where can I get one?

I love coming here, because people understand and don't judge. My family thinks I'm making a big deal about acne but then my brother, who is 33 btw, calls me DISGUSTING ;(

I've been on my current reg. for about 14 months...I have clear skin, then I have acne. It's a constant up and down.

Thanks for the rabbit..now I really want one!

Trust me, a rabbit is the last thing you want (they're actually quite unpleasant, atleast the ones I've had).

Confront your brother, it's really unhealthy for himself and your relationship for him to be acting like a child and belittling you in such a petty way. He'll thank you later.

I'm really sorry to hear you regimen isn't working, I'm in the same position relatively.

Stay away from "dwarf" rabbits.

I love coming here, because people understand and don't judge. My family thinks I'm making a big deal about acne but then my brother, who is 33 btw, calls me DISGUSTING ;(

I've been on my current reg. for about 14 months...I have clear skin, then I have acne. It's a constant up and down.

Trust me, a rabbit is the last thing you want (they're actually quite unpleasant, atleast the ones I've had).

Confront your brother, it's really unhealthy for himself and your relationship for him to be acting like a child and belittling you in such a petty way. He'll thank you later.

I'm really sorry to hear you regimen isn't working, I'm in the same position relatively.

I don't suppose anyone has watched The Holy Grail by Monty Python?

Forget it if you haven't.

My Rabbit was killed by window cleaners pushing a ladder to get to a window.

The ladder pushed into a bin which the rabbit was on the opposite side of

Kinda like this:

WALL RABBIT BIN <<<<<<< Bin Moves in that direction

It was pretty traumatic to find him a day later.

Kinda like this:

Of course I've seen The Holy Grail! The kanigits were great in that movie.

I don't understand what you're saying at all, but I feel you on finding pets dead.

Kinda like this:

I don't understand what you're saying at all, but I feel you on finding pets dead.

Lol! Okay.

Imagine a corner if you will. Now imagine the rabbit is sitting in the corner beside a bin.

Now if you will can you imagine a ladder..... with a window cleaner standing beside it.

Now imagine the window cleaner seeing a window above the corner....

Now imagine the window cleaner moving the ladder into the corner Into the bin Into the rabbit Into the wall.

Comprende?

i could draw you a picture.....

or even ask crimewatch to recreate if for you?

Kinda like this:

Lol! Okay.

Imagine a corner if you will. Now imagine the rabbit is sitting in the corner beside a bin.

Now if you will can you imagine a ladder..... with a window cleaner standing beside it.

Now imagine the window cleaner moving the ladder into the corner Into the bin Into the rabbit Into the wall.

Comprende?

Ooh the latter would be funner.

I see what you're saying. Was it a particularly cute rabbit?

Kinda like this:

Lol! Okay.

Comprende?

Ooh the latter would be funner.

I see what you're saying. Was it a particularly cute rabbit?

More fat then cute.

She never got any exercise.....

Personally i wasn't emotionally attached to her, it was my sister who was.

my mum joked about cooking the rabbit for dinner...

i dont think my sister has ever forgiven her for that.

I understand how you feel!!!!

I look at pictures of myself from a few yrs ago - without makeup on and my skin was flawless. I dont know how this happened!!! Its insane. I feel good once I put my makeup on, but I just want to wash off my makeup at the end of the day and feel good with how I look.

Lets rip off our faces together. Haha.

Lets rip off our faces together.

I'd rather you rip off your clothes together :clap:

;)

I just wish I could somehow PEEL my face off so I dont have to look at it. I hate it and I hate the way I look!! It's so unfair. I don't smoke, I dont drink, I eat 5+ servings of fruit every day,stopped consuming sugar, stopped eating meat, eat mostly vegetables,cleanse every day with organic crap, use mineral make up, have tried every over the counter crap, used every cream/lotion/antibiotic (except accutane) given by my doctor, would never fall asleep without cleansing my face and yet I have acne! Now, theres my friend with crystal clear skin. She, on the other hand, never washes her face. She washes it once a week because she's weird and doesn't like water on her face. She smokes, drinks, eats mostly junk, wears heavy make up and has beautiful skin. She actually puts HAIRSPRAY on her face to keep her liquid foundation in place. Then, she doesn't wash her face and the next day she'll lather some more liquid foundation on top of that and finish it off with hairspray. No zits, ever.

I just don't get it. I scratch my face and BAM..zit! Well, I'll just go back to crying..since that's the only thing left to do ;(

I feel ya my friend :comfort:

Kinda like this:

OK...I was just traumatized by that vision and I cannot afford therapy! :doh:

My brother doesn't UNDERSTAND how acne impacts me..both emotionally and physically. I've tried telling him but he just laughs at me and tells me there are more important things in life than acne. He thinks it's a "girl thing" to make fuss about acne. He isn't aware what impact acne has on people..girls, boys, old or young. Every time we have people over, he will look at me and go "Geez, your face is so digusting. Did you bump your face on something or do you naturally get horns growing out of your face?" I try so hard not to cry in front of people, but it gets really too much sometimes. I mean, I'm not 15 myself. I'm 23 years old but I still have friggin feelings.

I hate my face... today i swear i've broken out a hundred times today.. its just getting worse

ahhhhhh.

I'm sorry!! I sat outside today for 3 hours and let the sun fry my face. Eh, might as well get skin cancer on top of everything :boohoo: Actually, it looks better now....red spots are a little less visible but that might be because my entire face is red from the sunburn ;)

I felt the exact same way. I kept on saying "I'm going to peel it off, I'm going to peel it off, peel peel peel"

After years of thinking that. I finally decided to do it. I got a peel. And let me tell you, it was not fun. The derm puts this brown medicine on you that burns like hell. I actually wanted to punch him, it was ridiculously painful for five minutes and then it subsided. And then he'd do it again, for three times. By the time I got home though, it stopped hurting. But my face was caked with browness- I looked like a burn victim, no joke. It stretched my skin and I couldn't even open my mouth big enough to brush my teeth, talk, or eat. It started to peel on the third day. When it peeled, it pulled all the pimples with it, every pore had a pimple (microscopic ones). It took me a week for it to peel half my face.

Then, I went back and he peeled off the rest. My skin is a lot smoother, I still have some red marks and three or four pimples. I'm so glad it's over though and although I would never do it again, I'm glad I did it.

My face now consists of fresh baby skin, and I can't leave the house without a hat and sunscreen.

If you're seriously thinking about a peel- that's my experience.