Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
little_miss_bella

is it safe to take zinc with accutane?

im hopefully going to see a derm soon and i hope that i'll be put on accutane but can you take zinc supplements whilst on it or will it affect how the drug works? or should i start taking it after i have finished my course to help keep the oil down?

thankies x

I don't think it will affect absorption, but if you were worried about it I would just take them at separate meals. If you have enough time, I would give the zinc a try now. It generally only helps if you are deficient in zinc so it will either work or it wont. It should be obvious if its working within a few weeks.

I don't think it will affect absorption, but if you were worried about it I would just take them at separate meals. If you have enough time, I would give the zinc a try now. It generally only helps if you are deficient in zinc so it will either work or it wont. It should be obvious if its working within a few weeks.

ok thankyou for your help :D

Yes.

I would be more worried about what the Accutane does to you, rather than the zinc, to be perfectly honest.

The title of your thread sounded in my head like :

"Is it safe to take vitamine D3 before fucking cut my wrists with a razor blade and bleed to death?"

I'm begging you, please never take accutane, that shit is poison.

Low carb diet and washing with water only (you can add sea salt too) will clear you out.

Moving this to Accutane posts; this doesn't really fit in the Nutrition and Holistic forum as you can see by the aghast responses to the mention of Accutane.

PS: Yes, it is fine to take zinc and Accutane. It's better to take them separately just to be safe.

im hopefully going to see a derm soon and i hope that i'll be put on accutane but can you take zinc supplements whilst on it or will it affect how the drug works? or should i start taking it after i have finished my course to help keep the oil down?

thankies x

supplements on accutane can make your course much easier. i would recommend taking zinc cause it will help your skin heal. fish oil, vitamin C and D are good too.