Notifications
Clear all

Rare Minerals Blemish Therapy

MemberMember
(@sunny123)

Posted : 04/23/2008 12:58 pm

This is the description from Sephora.com where this can be bought. It's expensive, but if it works...might be nice.

RareMineralsa Blemish Therapy

What it is:

A super-concentrated and effective acne treatment.

What it is formulated to do:

This Bare Escentuals breakthrough product is clinically proven to quickly and effectively clear and heal blemishes. RareMinerals Skin Blemish Therapy combines the non-irritating, exfoliating properties of our patent-pending 100% pure RareMinerals concentrate with the acne-fighting benefits of natural sulfur to treat acne and blemishes while preventing future breakouts from forming. Plus, its translucent tint neutralizes and diffuses the look of blemishes. Use as an overnight spot treatment to heal blemishes and also as a daytime treatment under bareMinerals makeup. Perfect for all skin types and ages.

Ingredients:

Zinc Stearate, Illite, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Tapioca Starch, Soil Mineral Concentrate, Kaolin, Cyclodextrin, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Betaine Salicylate, Corn Starch Modified, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Emblica Officinalis Fruit Extract, Sophora Angustifolia Extract, Algae Extract, Retinol, Dextrin, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Maltodextrin, Farnesol, Niacinamide, Magnesium Myristate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

MemberMember
(@anne-s)

Posted : 04/23/2008 1:01 pm

i bought this

i dont really think it works all that well if it does.

i didnt notice any change

and its pretty light for my skin tone.

i have whiteheads...so maybe it depends on the kind of acne you have.

MemberMember
(@sunny123)

Posted : 04/23/2008 1:03 pm

Is it supposed to be a cover up? Makeup that you wear to bed?

MemberMember
(@christyh)

Posted : 04/23/2008 1:21 pm

I tried this stuff and I'm taking it back. All it did was dry up the skin on top of the pimple, it didn't diminish anything. It is way too light to be a coverup, its kinda like mineral veil in color. It says it can be worn under makeup and at night. Plus it has a funny smell too. Just my opinion! :)

MemberMember
(@clareb)

Posted : 04/23/2008 2:20 pm

Don't waste your money. I was sorely dissappointed.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 04/23/2008 2:21 pm

There are a few rare posters here who like and use Bare Minerals of any type. The majority of acne sufferers do not like Bare Minerals as it contains bismuth oxychloride, a comedogenic irritant that causes itching and drying.

I myself like Everyday Minerals and it seems to improve the texture of my skin with continued use. Strange, that. :)

MemberMember
(@birdsaredinos)

Posted : 05/20/2014 8:18 am

This is years late, but in case anyone new is reading this, I've found that blemish therapy has worked WONDERS on my skin. I decided to try it and received it in the mail just in time to treat an acne cyst. Instead of becoming a huge, upset lump on my face I had a small bump that was red for two days, and shrunk steadily for the next few until it was gone. That's pretty unheard of for me. Even tea tree oil didn't produce that effect. Usually my cysts are huge for two weeks.

As for my white heads, it's been reay helping to bring them to a head, and the one that I didn't pick at (I know, don't pick your acne...) isn't red anymore. Also pretty unheard of considering I am one shade above Casper.

So all in all, I really really appreciate this product. I've been using it multiple times a day on the affected areas and have had no trouble with dryness.