Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Holly_08

Dark spots after acne and ingrown hairs

What is the most outrageous thing ya'll have attempted to do to get rid of stubborn dark spots? I have had a dark spot from an acne cyst for over 1 1/2yrs and it won't go away. I even attempted at reinjuring the spot to see if this time it healed properly. Nothing happened, stayed the same. I also get a lot of stupid ingrown hairs near my navel. Years ago, I attempted at plucking them and then I couldn't stop. Now I have dozens of dark spots below my bellybutton with the ingrown hairs that seem to get thicker and thicker. It's a f*ing addiction I can't help, I gotta get rid of those hairs!! What I hate the most is that it stains and darkens. How can I get rid of those spots on my navel and the one on my face? Creams don't seem to work.

which creams have u tried? i used vita K blotchy skin and it has somewhat faded my recent hyperpigmented marks altho the older/deeper ones arent budging ...

today im switching to 8% AHA as spot treatment over my marks on top of the normal 2% BHA to see if that has any effects.

perhaps u can try peels? i dont have much money so i gotta play the waiting game :P

which creams have u tried? i used vita K blotchy skin and it has somewhat faded my recent hyperpigmented marks altho the older/deeper ones arent budging ...

today im switching to 8% AHA as spot treatment over my marks on top of the normal 2% BHA to see if that has any effects.

perhaps u can try peels? i dont have much money so i gotta play the waiting game :P

Damn, youre like me: no cash in the stash!! :(

I was reading up on Vit K. why didn't I think of that for hypopigmentation? Hmm..I might try it! Thanks for that--

What I used so far was a skin lightener and stopped using it after I was horrified to learn that it had mercury as an ingredient. It was a foreign cream from Spain, I think. I threw it out. Then I tried retinoids (retin a, tazorac, apeel correct). So far, no luck with those. The black spot on my face is deeper than any topical can penetrate I suppose.

What pharmacy counter products contain AHA or BHA that I might try and get my hands on? I'm kindda stingy to buy online...