Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soloness

zit on its way to get inflamed

I have this whitehead under my lip thats going to get inflammed by tomorrow i think and only pop-albe in a day(thats what usually happens..) it hasnt turned al yellow yet its still red with a tiny whiteish top but you cant see it unless you look. so what can i do now to reduce or try prevent most of the inflamation/infection or whatever? Will applying BP(5%) over it and just leave it like that overnight help(without applying moisturizer over it) ? thanks!

edit: I also have another question to add there was a whitehead here before that also got inflammed and i popped it and it healed(i think it was a week to 2weeks ago)...why is it reapering in the SAME spot? i also had another spot which kept on getting inflamed 4or5times in a row! ?

I hate this :( feeling shit already just thinking about school tomorrow with a big yellow zit under lip *sigh* :/

I have this whitehead under my lip thats going to get inflammed by tomorrow i think and only pop-albe in a day(thats what usually happens..) it hasnt turned al yellow yet its still red with a tiny whiteish top but you cant see it unless you look. so what can i do now to reduce or try prevent most of the inflamation/infection or whatever? Will applying BP(5%) over it and just leave it like that overnight help(without applying moisturizer over it) ? thanks!

edit: I also have another question to add there was a whitehead here before that also got inflammed and i popped it and it healed(i think it was a week to 2weeks ago)...why is it reapering in the SAME spot? i also had another spot which kept on getting inflamed 4or5times in a row! ?

I hate this :( feeling shit already just thinking about school tomorrow with a big yellow zit under lip *sigh* :/

Wrap an ice cube in paper towel or tissue and hold it onto the spot for as long as you can bare the coldness, then take it off. Repeat this process until the ice cube melts.

Apply plenty of BP or anti-inflammitary cream afterwards and take an anti-inflammatory tablet as well.

Good Luck ;)

I second the recommendations from wanabeacnefree - those are great ways to reduce inflamation. As to why it came back in the same spot - if the core of the pimple remains under the skin, the same spot can flare up over and over again. Usually the core is really tiny and sometimes does not come out, even when you pop the pimple. The inflamation from the pimple may go down and the pimple may dry up, but if the core is still under the skin the pimple may just flare up again later on. Also, sometimes the pore gets stretched or damaged and is more prone to getting blocked or inflamed again in the future.

If it comes back again, you might try getting the core of the pimple professionally extracted. This can really help spots heal faster and helps prevent them from returning.

Why do people on here refer to puss filled spots as white heads? white heads are closed comedones, puss filled ones are called pustules.

Why do people on here refer to puss filled spots as white heads? white heads are closed comedones, pussy ones are called pustules.

Why do people on here refer to puss filled spots as white heads? white heads are closed comedones, puss filled ones are called pustules.

what i do is rub 10% benzoyl peroxide in with my fingertip as often as i can, this is pretty good at preventing those deep nasty ones at least for me