Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WantToBeFree

The link of diet and disease

I was watching some stuff about Jack Lalanne (who's amazing btw) and he says eating raw, healthy and exercising is why he's so old, healthy and looks so young. He doesn't eat anything that's processed at all. He said "you wouldn't put dirty gas into your car because eventually it'll start breaking, same thing goes with humans"

So I started reading lately all sorts of success stories about people change their diet to raw foods only (foods that are alive, veggies, fruit, nuts, sprouted grains). They claim that these are the foods man is meant to eat and that meat and other "dead" processed foods are not meant for eating. Now a lot of these people report that many, if not all of their chronic illnesses go away.

Now this got me thinking, we are all descended from monkeys or something so we ought to have similar eating habits right? Monkeys eat only fruits, plants nuts and seeds.

So I thought, how much disease and health problems are there for monkeys? Because everyone around me is dropping like flies with some disease.

My friends brother who's 27 and just got a kid was diagnosed with a brain tumor which he'll probably die from and almost everybody dies from cancer these days or some other disease.

Don't turn this into another if we are designed to eat meat or not thread, but the links of nutrition and disease.

Well, we didn't descend from monkeys, we are related to them. And our closest relatives are apes, with chimpanzees generally considered our closest relatives. And chimpanzees do hunt and eat meat including sometimes each other. Although that seems to be an adaptation to their harsher environment. They also have a kind of territorial gang warfare going on. The other apes primarily eat only vegetation along with a few larva and insects that come with the vegetation.

It might be interesting to look into, along with a comparison between chimps and their non-meat eating relatives. Look into Bonobos or pygmy chimpanzees.

And I don't know how many diseases they normally suffer from, but they claim aids came from chimpanzees, right?

One thing we (apes and humans, not monkeys) do all share is the lack of ability to make our own vitamin C as most other animals do. And they make several grams per day. We need to get it from foods, and our foods today don't come with much especially if we cook it.

So I started reading lately all sorts of success stories about people change their diet to raw foods only (foods that are alive, veggies, fruit, nuts, sprouted grains). They claim that these are the foods man is meant to eat and that meat and other "dead" processed foods are not meant for eating. Now a lot of these people report that many, if not all of their chronic illnesses go away.

Now this got me thinking, we are all descended from monkeys or something so we ought to have similar eating habits right? Monkeys eat only fruits, plants nuts and seeds.

Here's something you could look into. Dr Oz and the BBC did some special on nutrition and one of the segments involved a bunch of people following a gorilla diet. They were fed the exact same foods zookeepers feed the gorillas, and for entertainment value I suppose, they actually lived at the zoo and hung out in a habitat. At the end, all of them had drastic improvements in their respective issues like cholesterol and high blood pressure.

Note that following this diet means eating nearly all day long in order to get enough and excreting it out very often. This clearly wouldn't work for most people, although perhaps the addition of higher fat and protein veggies would make it feasable, which I guess is what many vegans do.

Also, I recall noticing that they were fed some things that I don't think you would find in the rain forests of Rwanda. I don't recall exactly, but I think there were things like cabbage and carrots or something.

It all depends on where you read these testimonials. You can be assured that the testimonial page of a raw diet website is going to be an extremely biased source.

It all depends on where you read these testimonials. You can be assured that the testimonial page of a raw diet website is going to be an extremely biased source.