Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xstartofadisaster

non-comedogenic & non-alcoholic toner

anyone know what toner thats non-comedogenic & does not contain alcohol - in which i can purchase in the U.K.? i heard some people say lush's 'tea tree water' toner works. but i have sensitive, acne prone skin...

any suggestions would be great!

Hi, id also be interested in what people say for this one.

At the moment im using l'oreal visible radience clensing milk (such a girly thing to use) :wub: lol but cuz its a milk it doesnt dry at all and does seem to help. but sometimes i wonder if theres somat out there better cuz i do still get blackheads

:) hope this helps, will look forward to any replies

I think the brand 'Simple' works. They claim their products contain no colorings and fragrances - excellent for acne prone skin. In addition, the ingredients list for their Refreshing toner or whatever it's called contains no ingredients that could cause or aggravate acne. I used their toner for about a month, it was fine but I stopped in the end as a result of laziness.

If purchasing things from the internet is possible for you then I urge you to consider the skin care line 'Paula's Choice' (http://www.paulaschoice-eu.com/shop/). All I'm going to say is her toners are exceptional, they're effective at what they do and they're extremely well formulated. I think many people on this forum can back me up on the fact that her skin care line shows the level of effort and research she has put into all her products. It's amazing. Some companies just make product after product, claiming it can eliminate blackheads, spots etc etc.

Hope that has helped, good luck

anyone know what toner thats non-comedogenic & does not contain alcohol - in which i can purchase in the U.K.? i heard some people say lush's 'tea tree water' toner works. but i have sensitive, acne prone skin...

any suggestions would be great!

I just looked up the ingredients for the tea tree water toner and it says:

Ingredients: Black = Safe Synthetic Green = Natural and/or Organic

Tea Tree Water (Melaleuca alternifolia), Grapefruit Water (Citrus grandis), Juniperberry Water (Juniperus communis), *Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben.

*Naturally occurs in essential oils

Even though it says the perfume is a safe synthetic I would be wary of it since you have sensitive skin, and it's really something unnecessary that's going on your face so I would beware.

What I've been doing the past few months is making my own toners. The latest toner I made is green tea and tea tree oil. I brewed up 4 tea bags of green tea in about 6oz of water and let it sit and cool for about an hour so it's really concentrated stuff and put about 1 eye dropper full of tea tree oil with it into a bottle. Refrigerate and shake it up before you use and it's great stuff! Lasts me about a week to a week and a half with about 3 applications a day.

If you want a good store bought alcohol-free toner and if you can find this in the UK try the Avalon Organics CoQ10 Perfecting Facial Toner:

http://www.avalonorganics.com/?id=81

I used it before I started making my own toners and it was great stuff. If I had the money to keep buying it I would have, but making my own toners has been a lot less expensive for me.

I think the brand 'Simple' works. They claim their products contain no colorings and fragrances - excellent for acne prone skin. In addition, the ingredients list for their Refreshing toner or whatever it's called contains no ingredients that could cause or aggravate acne. I used their toner for about a month, it was fine but I stopped in the end as a result of laziness.

If purchasing things from the internet is possible for you then I urge you to consider the skin care line 'Paula's Choice' (http://www.paulaschoice-eu.com/shop/). All I'm going to say is her toners are exceptional, they're effective at what they do and they're extremely well formulated. I think many people on this forum can back me up on the fact that her skin care line shows the level of effort and research she has put into all her products. It's amazing. Some companies just make product after product, claiming it can eliminate blackheads, spots etc etc.

Hope that has helped, good luck

thanks both of you guys! i think ill just google your advises and see which one i'd pick to try :)