Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DitVit

bio-oil?

bio oil is sopsedly sumthing that makes ur scar apearence less noticeable?has like any1 tried it? just sumthing i saw on a commercial =/.wonderng if it works thats all...oops 4got dont no if it is for acne scars though o.o

Careful, it can break you out if you are prone to acne. Even if your not prone...it broke out my grandma!!

i use it every night, and scars have cleared up loads.

i emailed the bio oil ppl and they say its non comedogenic and infact has something in it to prevent spots!

works for me, scars that would normally take a month or so to clear are normally gone within one week maybe two.

:D hope this helps!

wow ur grandma broke out from it??wonder what it would do 2 me =/.well i wa sjust wondering if it was like those foney stuff =I. one more thing i thought it just makes them less noticeable or dus it help in the healing process?

Look a few threads down in this forum and you'll find another bio-oil post and a couple of responses.

For me, it's made no noticeable improvements to my scarring, but I do think it may have helped to fade red marks more quickly and improved my tone slightly in general. Nothing to rave home about though if you're looking to address issues other than dryness and speeding up the fading of those pesky red marks.

I've used it for a few weeks now - so far, no change in any scars whatsoever, although mine are 20 yrs old. further, it doesn't moisturize well, either. Bio-oil also has a strong perfume that is off-putting!

my opinion is this stuff is a hoax. I mean to say its probably as effective as putting vitamin e on your scar... Which isnt to say it doesnt work a little, but as far as any kind of serious effect I think is a hoax.