Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Displaythis

Finished accutane in 3 months and 19days

:boohoo: Is 3 months and 19 days enough for full remission? 'Cause i just stopped taking accutane due to SEVERE complications with my lips. It swelled really bad to the point where it prevented me from eating and smiling. Yellow crusts formed even when i applied the ultimate moiturizer, Aquaphor.

I haven't broken out for 3 weeks. I just wish i am one of the 1% of individuals who gets a complete remission with so little a dose.

I have to go to my dermatologist friday. Until then i have had to cancel my trip to LA i had planned.

It seems like i can't take a F***ing break. If it's not that it's this.

only time will tell ... but dont worry your course was close to 4 months. if it does come back it will most likely be a big improvement still.

it might, but it will be an improvement on what you were used to, which is always good. the other good news is that you can always go back on accutane, and on a lower dose as well, so that your lips don't have as bad side effects. but i know what u mean about the lips, mine were affected pretty bad as well, although not as bad as yours.

it might, but it will be an improvement on what you were used to, which is always good. the other good news is that you can always go back on accutane, and on a lower dose as well, so that your lips don't have as bad side effects. but i know what u mean about the lips, mine were affected pretty bad as well, although not as bad as yours.

thanks Vimes, did u finish ur accutane course reaching your cumulative dose?

did you try asking him to just lower your dosage to decrease the side effects? that might have worked for you...just lowering your dosage.