Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chele

Holistic AND Medical - methods combined

I had acne as a 10 year old girl. Then as an adult, it became CHRONIC CYSTIC ACNE. So..... from antibiotics to creams to vitamins to accutane...WHAT REALLY WORKS? I tried EVERYTHING. NOTHING worked alone. BUT SOME of the things that failed before do work in combination with others. After extensive research and trial and error... Now I have figured it out. I finally found a way to share my years of experience and research with other people. More details soon.

HERE are my tips (in a nutshell).

I WAS BORN WITH oily skin, sensitive skin, and I suffered from chronic cystic acne (face, back, chest) for years... but I am BETTER!!!

1. Use the regimen and tips!!! (I use Cetaphil gentle cleanser for all skin types (NOT the one for ONLY SKIN). )

2. Add a moisturizer with DMAE and ALA, which are natural antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory (Perricone, or Janson Beckett-more on this later)

3. Add Medimorphosis by CosMedicine (a gentle exfoliator, daily)

4. Add lemon (yes, cut one in half and wipe in on your face. Leave on for five minutes, wash off.

5. Add 10% glycolic wash (or leave on gel for 5 minutes, thne wash off) before applying Benzoyl Peroxide (BP).

6. Add SKIN CLEAR supplements by Perricone

7. Change your diet (refer to the books Perricone writes, eat a diet FULL of antioxidants, zinc)

8. Get glycolic facials every two weeks (30% glycolic acid with a pH of 1) Go to a good spa!!! Also use the high frequency light therapy - it will kill excess bacteria!

9. If steps 1 through 8 do not work, try oral antibiotics (3 month's only). (DO NOT USE ORAL ANTIBIOTICS LONG TERM. This was my mistake!!)

10. If antibiotics don't work, try accutane on the lowest possible dose, then repeat steps 1 thorugh 7. 11. If Accutane doesn't work, try 5 months on, two months off, 5 months on (for accutane) for those that are more resistant.

For what to do for your skin during Accutane, contact me!

12. After Accutane. Use steps 1 through 8. That should do it! You may want to wait on glycolic acid, lemons, and the scrub (the more "harsh" steps) until you have been off the medication for 1 month.

13. If acne reappears, yet again after 1 year after finishing accutane. Go to the derm again, and consider a second go at accutane!

HINTS

a. don't touch your face unless you wash your hands immediately before

b. wash hair daily

c. for the females, use new makeup sponges and or wash SYNTHETIC makeup brushes (Teddy bear hair by Too faced)

d. Clinique makeup (pressed powder only) apply with kabuki brush (by too faced brand, "teddy bear hair") or a new foam sponge DAILY

MY FAVORITE BRANDS/PRODUCTS

-Perricone (Sephora, online) -

"Outpatient Therapy" (face wash & moisturizer), "Evening Facial Emolient" (has ALA DMAE and Retinol

-Janson Beckett (online) - "day moisturizer with ALA and DMAE"

-JUICE BEAUTY (Sephora, online) - for body mositurizer with ALA, DMAE, SPF 20

-Cetaphil -gentle cleanser for all skin types

-CosMedicine - Medimorphosis gentle exfoliating scrub

-PETER THOMAS ROTH- 10% glycolic acid

-LEMONS- From your grocery story!

-Kabuki brush/make up brushes (Too Faced)

-Make up remover pads (Proactiv Brand) (STAY AWAY FROM THE REST OF THEIR PRODUCTS!! Maybe the toner is OK. )

DMAE & ALA also are great as anti-aging products (as well as sunscreen and moisturizer in generalk!)

Please feel free to contact me with any questions!!!

All products availiable on amazon.com or sephora or ebay. GOOD LUCK.

For my sources, please contact me.

--Michele = )

My abridged history:

I had acne as a 10 year old girl. Then as an adult, it became CHRONIC CYSTIC ACNE. So..... from antibiotics to creams to vitamins to accutane...WHAT REALLY WORKS? I tried EVERYTHING. NOTHING worked alone. BUT SOME of the things that failed before do work in combination with others. After extensive research and trial and error... Now I have figured it out. I finally found a way to share my years of experience and research with other people. More details soon.

HERE are my tips (in a nutshell).

I WAS BORN WITH oily skin, sensitive skin, and I suffered from chronic cystic acne (face, back, chest) for years... but I am BETTER!!!

1. Use the regimen and tips!!! (I use Cetaphil gentle cleanser for all skin types (NOT the one for ONLY SKIN). )

2. Add a moisturizer with DMAE and ALA, which are natural antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory (Perricone, or Janson Beckett-more on this later)

3. Add Medimorphosis by CosMedicine (a gentle exfoliator, daily)

4. Add lemon (yes, cut one in half and wipe in on your face. Leave on for five minutes, wash off.

5. Add 10% glycolic wash (or leave on gel for 5 minutes, thne wash off) before applying Benzoyl Peroxide (BP).

6. Add SKIN CLEAR supplements by Perricone

7. Change your diet (refer to the books Perricone writes, eat a diet FULL of antioxidants, zinc)

8. Get glycolic facials every two weeks (30% glycolic acid with a pH of 1) Go to a good spa!!! Also use the high frequency light therapy - it will kill excess bacteria!

9. If steps 1 through 8 do not work, try oral antibiotics (3 month's only). (DO NOT USE ORAL ANTIBIOTICS LONG TERM. This was my mistake!!)

10. If antibiotics don't work, try accutane on the lowest possible dose, then repeat steps 1 thorugh 7. 11. If Accutane doesn't work, try 5 months on, two months off, 5 months on (for accutane) for those that are more resistant.

For what to do for your skin during Accutane, contact me!

12. After Accutane. Use steps 1 through 8. That should do it! You may want to wait on glycolic acid, lemons, and the scrub (the more "harsh" steps) until you have been off the medication for 1 month.

13. If acne reappears, yet again after 1 year after finishing accutane. Go to the derm again, and consider a second go at accutane!

HINTS

a. don't touch your face unless you wash your hands immediately before

b. wash hair daily

c. for the females, use new makeup sponges and or wash SYNTHETIC makeup brushes (Teddy bear hair by Too faced)

d. Clinique makeup (pressed powder only) apply with kabuki brush (by too faced brand, "teddy bear hair") or a new foam sponge DAILY

MY FAVORITE BRANDS/PRODUCTS

-Perricone (Sephora, online) -

"Outpatient Therapy" (face wash & moisturizer), "Evening Facial Emolient" (has ALA DMAE and Retinol

-Janson Beckett (online) - "day moisturizer with ALA and DMAE"

-JUICE BEAUTY (Sephora, online) - for body mositurizer with ALA, DMAE, SPF 20

-Cetaphil -gentle cleanser for all skin types

-CosMedicine - Medimorphosis gentle exfoliating scrub

-PETER THOMAS ROTH- 10% glycolic acid

-LEMONS- From your grocery story!

-Kabuki brush/make up brushes (Too Faced)

-Make up remover pads (Proactiv Brand) (STAY AWAY FROM THE REST OF THEIR PRODUCTS!! Maybe the toner is OK. )

DMAE & ALA also are great as anti-aging products (as well as sunscreen and moisturizer in generalk!)

Please feel free to contact me with any questions!!!

All products availiable on amazon.com or sephora or ebay. GOOD LUCK.

For my sources, please contact me.

Peace!

Michele