Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KB1992

Do I have to re-apply sunscreen every 2 hours?

I am wondering how often should I be re-applying sunscreen? I've read two explanations.

1. Let's say your sunscreen is SPF 30. Add a "0" to that and you get the amount of time you can be out there without being sunburn. In this case, 300 minutes / 60 minutes = 5 hours

2. Others say you should re-apply sunscreen every two hours, regardless of the SPF.

So how often should I re-apply my sunscreen?

I am wondering how often should I be re-applying sunscreen? I've read two explanations.

1. Let's say your sunscreen is SPF 30. Add a "0" to that and you get the amount of time you can be out there without being sunburn. In this case, 300 minutes / 60 minutes = 5 hours

2. Others say you should re-apply sunscreen every two hours, regardless of the SPF.

So how often should I re-apply my sunscreen?

I think re-applying sunscreen every 2 hours is a bit unrealistic, depending on the situation. Yes, if you're at the beach or swimming, definitely! If you're female, I HIGHLY recommend using mineral makeup which has sunscreen (but doesn't mean you shouldn't use one- the makeup should not take the place of what you're using!). If you need mineral makeup suggestions, let me know. I've been using mineral makeup for a few years & I love it. It's also improved the look of my skin.

Well I apply my sunscreen during my school break (1:40 PM) and I am not exposed to sun until 3;05 PM. So I guess I don't have to re-apply since I'm not exposed to sun?