Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rainbow423

last month on accutane

So I was put on accutane about 5 months ago. My acne was very resistant and I had deep cysts but also many whiteheads. My derm prescribed me accutane and my dose was:

Month 1 - 40 mg

Month 2 - 60 mg

Month 3 - 60 mg

Month 4 - 80 mg

Month 5 - 80 mg

I only weigh about 110 pounds and I'm about 5'5". My dosage is pretty high for my weight and I think I am well over my cumulative dose.

However my problem is that I am still breaking out and I have only 5 days until the end of my treatment. And its not like theyre just little white heads...theyre the deep ones that you feel under the skin. I only have one of these cysts at the moment...but over the last couple weeks I have had a few. So I'm wondering if I should go another month? Maybe I'd do one more month at 60 mg so that my dose wouldn't be so high. HELP ME PLEASE I don't like breaking out :[[

anyone? does anyone this that i should keep at it for one more month?

or should i just stop once my month 5 pills are done in 5 days?

THANKS!

cut out cow milk and dairy completely and you will see your acne improve or go completely away.

i was getting acne during and after accutane. once i cut of dairy completely all of my acne stopped. i didnt get a pimple for two months, then i had some dairy and got a couple. then i stopped for six months and got ZERO acne. NONE! then i tried some milk one morning and the next day i had a fat pimple.

its the IGF hormone in milk which makes your oil glands go crazy.

I might give that a try but I dont think that dairy has much to do with my acne. My mom as a teenage also had severe acne and she went on accutane which cleared her right up. My concern is that I am only 5 days from finishing treatment and I got a new spot just a week ago. I dont know what to do!