Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wenc3160

Question to anyone who has had punch excision

Recommended Posts

I had punch excision done on one scar last week. When the derm was doing the excision he said that after one week the stitches would be removed and then I would wear steri-strips until they fall off. I had the stitches removed and now he says that steri-strips need to be worn for one month. Is this normal to have to walk around with steri-strips on your face for a month? It has even been twelve hours and they are falling off already. I can understand protecting the wound but for one month? Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I had punch excision done on one scar last week. When the derm was doing the excision he said that after one week the stitches would be removed and then I would wear steri-strips until they fall off. I had the stitches removed and now he says that steri-strips need to be worn for one month. Is this normal to have to walk around with steri-strips on your face for a month? It has even been twelve hours and they are falling off already. I can understand protecting the wound but for one month? Any comments are greatly appreciated.

How big was the scar you had excised. How many stiches did you get?

Any how , Do what ever it takes to keep the excision closed while the scar tissue strenghtens.... If it means strips for a month, do it. Youll have a heart attack it it reopens which seems to happen far to often from what ive been reading on these small excisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I had punch excision done on one scar last week. When the derm was doing the excision he said that after one week the stitches would be removed and then I would wear steri-strips until they fall off. I had the stitches removed and now he says that steri-strips need to be worn for one month. Is this normal to have to walk around with steri-strips on your face for a month? It has even been twelve hours and they are falling off already. I can understand protecting the wound but for one month? Any comments are greatly appreciated.

How big was the scar you had excised. How many stiches did you get?

Any how , Do what ever it takes to keep the excision closed while the scar tissue strenghtens.... If it means strips for a month, do it. Youll have a heart attack it it reopens which seems to happen far to often from what ive been reading on these small excisions.

I'm not great with measurements since we don't go by the metric system. I would say 1/8" and it was really deep. I had three stiches. The derm says the problem is where it is at on the chin that it could break back open. I can still see an indent in my skin where the scar was but atleast it is not a deep hole. Derm indicated that 80% of the healing process occurs within one month and the other 20% up to one year. I knew something was wrong when he didn't get the mirror and show me after he took the stitches out. He did after the excision and said see the scar is gone. Do you think that steri-strips are a must? Could I just protect it with a bandaide or clear surgical film?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I had punch excision done on one scar last week. When the derm was doing the excision he said that after one week the stitches would be removed and then I would wear steri-strips until they fall off. I had the stitches removed and now he says that steri-strips need to be worn for one month. Is this normal to have to walk around with steri-strips on your face for a month? It has even been twelve hours and they are falling off already. I can understand protecting the wound but for one month? Any comments are greatly appreciated.

How big was the scar you had excised. How many stiches did you get?

Any how , Do what ever it takes to keep the excision closed while the scar tissue strenghtens.... If it means strips for a month, do it. Youll have a heart attack it it reopens which seems to happen far to often from what ive been reading on these small excisions.

I'm not great with measurements since we don't go by the metric system. I would say 1/8" and it was really deep. I had three stiches. The derm says the problem is where it is at on the chin that it could break back open. I can still see an indent in my skin where the scar was but atleast it is not a deep hole. Derm indicated that 80% of the healing process occurs within one month and the other 20% up to one year. I knew something was wrong when he didn't get the mirror and show me after he took the stitches out. He did after the excision and said see the scar is gone. Do you think that steri-strips are a must? Could I just protect it with a bandaide or clear surgical film?

Nah i dont think its a must if your sure shes not going to reopen. but i would definately be very careful for a month. Im sure your doc gave those instructions after having patients reopen thier excision after thier sutures were removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I had punch excision done on one scar last week. When the derm was doing the excision he said that after one week the stitches would be removed and then I would wear steri-strips until they fall off. I had the stitches removed and now he says that steri-strips need to be worn for one month. Is this normal to have to walk around with steri-strips on your face for a month? It has even been twelve hours and they are falling off already. I can understand protecting the wound but for one month? Any comments are greatly appreciated.

How big was the scar you had excised. How many stiches did you get?

Any how , Do what ever it takes to keep the excision closed while the scar tissue strenghtens.... If it means strips for a month, do it. Youll have a heart attack it it reopens which seems to happen far to often from what ive been reading on these small excisions.

I'm not great with measurements since we don't go by the metric system. I would say 1/8" and it was really deep. I had three stiches. The derm says the problem is where it is at on the chin that it could break back open. I can still see an indent in my skin where the scar was but atleast it is not a deep hole. Derm indicated that 80% of the healing process occurs within one month and the other 20% up to one year. I knew something was wrong when he didn't get the mirror and show me after he took the stitches out. He did after the excision and said see the scar is gone. Do you think that steri-strips are a must? Could I just protect it with a bandaide or clear surgical film?

Nah i dont think its a must if your sure shes not going to reopen. but i would definately be very careful for a month. Im sure your doc gave those instructions after having patients reopen thier excision after thier sutures were removed.

I have the steri-strips off today and there is no way it is going to reopen. But it didn't heal correctly. There is an indent where the scar was. Better to have that than the big hole but anything done to regenerate more tissue growth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes

×