Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spott

Incorporating the Regimen into Daily Life

Hi Guys, I need some advice.

Here's a little bit of background:

When I first began coming here during the CSR days, I had been suffering from acne for several years. Finally, after a lot of prodding from my fellow .ORG members, I made an appointment with a dermatologist I could trust. After my visit, I went home with a few prescriptions for topical gels and oral antibiotics. For 8 months, my skin cleared up beautifully. Once it was stable, I decided to go off my prescriptions and start my own regimen. My skin stayed clear and I didn't really think much about acne anymore, until the present. Last month, my skin started breaking out again on my chin, jawline, and temples. This scared the daylights out of me, to think that all my time and money was wasted keeping my skin clear. I had never used the .ORG Regimen before, though I was now eager to try it. Last night, I ordered the Big Kit and prepared to embark on the Regimen for the first time. As I contemplated, a question came to mind:

I work as a manager in a fast food restaurant. Lots of stress, lots of grease, lots of sweat. A shower after work is obligatory, no exceptions. My hours can sometimes be irregular, which means I could end up washing my face 3 times a day. This presents a problem, as you may realize. My question to you all is how to incorporate the regimen into my day to day life. For instance, a few days a week I open the restaurant very early in the morning. I look a mess when I wake up, so I normally take a shower before going to work. I would probably do the regimen at that time. Once I get home from work 8 hours later, another shower is needed. My thoughts would be to use only the cleanser and moisturizer at that time. Then, several hours later, I would do the entire regimen again before bed. Another idea would be to use only water to wash my face before bed. I'm still not sure..

What are your thoughts on this? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

I think it is better you do the regimen in the morning and before bed. But that's just me. I would do what you planned full regimen in the morning, cleanser and moisturiser after work and full regimen at night.

For me, I do the regimen in the morning and after I shower at night. That is maybe about 2-3 hours before I go to bed. I don't wash my face again before I go to bed. I find it unnecessary. I'm not sure how long your hours between each regimen but mine is around 12 hours so its ok.

Hi Guys, I need some advice.

Here's a little bit of background:

When I first began coming here during the CSR days, I had been suffering from acne for several years. Finally, after a lot of prodding from my fellow .ORG members, I made an appointment with a dermatologist I could trust. After my visit, I went home with a few prescriptions for topical gels and oral antibiotics. For 8 months, my skin cleared up beautifully. Once it was stable, I decided to go off my prescriptions and start my own regimen. My skin stayed clear and I didn't really think much about acne anymore, until the present. Last month, my skin started breaking out again on my chin, jawline, and temples. This scared the daylights out of me, to think that all my time and money was wasted keeping my skin clear. I had never used the .ORG Regimen before, though I was now eager to try it. Last night, I ordered the Big Kit and prepared to embark on the Regimen for the first time. As I contemplated, a question came to mind:

I work as a manager in a fast food restaurant. Lots of stress, lots of grease, lots of sweat. A shower after work is obligatory, no exceptions. My hours can sometimes be irregular, which means I could end up washing my face 3 times a day. This presents a problem, as you may realize. My question to you all is how to incorporate the regimen into my day to day life. For instance, a few days a week I open the restaurant very early in the morning. I look a mess when I wake up, so I normally take a shower before going to work. I would probably do the regimen at that time. Once I get home from work 8 hours later, another shower is needed. My thoughts would be to use only the cleanser and moisturizer at that time. Then, several hours later, I would do the entire regimen again before bed. Another idea would be to use only water to wash my face before bed. I'm still not sure..

What are your thoughts on this? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

remember acne is not because your skin is dirty. The purpose of using a clenser is only to clear the oil for BP application. I would only wash twice daily or else you will be stripping your skin. I highly suggest using dans clenser + BP

Do the Regimen in the morning every day, then if you absolutely have to shower after work, go ahead and do the second Regimen at that time, then you're done with it for the day. At bedtime, just go to bed.

We don't recommend washing more than twice daily, so I think this method will work best for you.

Good luck!