Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Akashic

Sunscreen SPF Level

Hello everyone,

I'm on day 30 of my Accutane course and so far I'm quite pleased with the results. Although I'm still not clear my face is A LOT smoother and everything seems to be healing. Other than redness and chapped lips, I'm not really experiencing bad side effects.

I walk to and from school 3 times a day, each time being a 10 minute walk (About 30 minutes of sun basically). It's getting quite a bit warmer so I'm wondering if I should start wearing sunscreen. Currently I put on Aveeno Ultra Calming Moisturizer with SPF 15 every morning, so my question is if it is enough. Do I need to buy a separate sunscreen, and if so which one and what should the SPF level be.

Thanks in advance,

Akashic

I'd just wear a hat & sunglasses when outside if possible.

neutrogena dry touch spf 45 is a nice sunblock if you wish to get extra protection. i dont think it would be necessary though...

Keep using your face lotion with spf. You shouldnt have to use anything over 30spf for daily use. I recently read that anything over 30spf on your face can be irritating.

Neutrogena makes a good spf mist thats easy to put on in the morning, or they make pratically every lotion with spf now.

30spf is good for up to 4 hours, but you shouldnt have to reapply during your normal day.