Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scarredpores

die acne die//my accutane log

hey i just read your post.. I started my course may 19th at 40mgs as well. I did not have and IB either. I just have chapped lips and am feeling kinda tired now that ive upped my dose to 50 mgs a day. I have no active spots at all just left over redspotsl, my face is so smooth its really wired. I had acne similar to yours before I started. 14yrs later I finally go on accutane I too wish I would of done it sooner. Good Luck looks like we are having very similar experiences on our course.

yeh, if i had started accutane in high school, i wouldn't have all these scars on my face that make me have an uneven and rough skin texture with big looking pores. oh well... at least, i'm not getting the nodule/cystic type acne now. i hate those.

Week 3

after more than about a decade my face is not super oily anymore!! i don't have to blot it at all for the entire day to maintain a matte look. it's starting to flake a little but that can be controlled with moisturizer. i use oily of olay with spf15. i started getting bloody boogers more than week ago, and this past tuesday, i got my first nose bleed while i was taking a nap at our hotel in lake tahoe. today, i spit out some blood in the morning mixed in with my mucus and had bloody boogers again, so i guess i had a nosebleed in my sleep. i need to drink more water, and i think i'm going to buy a nasal spray to keep the insides of my nose from drying out and bleeding. my hair is also not very oily anymore. i don't need to wash it everyday. instead, i wash it every other day so it doesn't dry out. my skin is a bit more sensitive. if i pinch my cheeks, it turns red for a good half hour or so. the gunk clogging my pores are starting to go away. they're like seed-like looking things and some are sheet likes. i guess that's from years and years of getting packed with oil, dead skin, and other gunk. a lot of the pores on my nose have shrunk!! that's a plus. than that, not much else is going on.

i forgot to take the pill today. oh well... i'm glad i chose to go on accutane.

about the bloody nose, what I can recommend is buy Vaseline and spread it inside your nose. I did and it helped out alot. About the dry lip I also use Aquaphor but only at night. I use Burt's Bees lip

balm in the day. You can get burt's bees at either Target or Walmart. I call it the miracle lip balm and plus it taste great as well. BTW I am on my 5th week. Goodluck to you.

they thanks for stopping by. my nosebleeds stopped after the 4th week. my only side effects now are dry lips and feeling tired or not as energetic. good luck to you and i! [=

omg scarredpores you have the EXACT same skin to me in terms of acne. I have been on this site now for over 6 months and I am yet to find anyone with the exact problem, I repeat exact problem I have!!!

Im so happy in a way because we are both on accutane except im only 3 weeks so your progress should hopefully replicate mine! Also I have the same thing if I stretch my skin I have deep blackheads. I have the same bumps as you on my forehead and my cheeks also have the same bumps. Last week I also noticed my clogged pores especially around the sides of my nose and on my nose purging. They have reduced but I still have some. Most of these bumps are not visible unless very close up and if you physically stretch the skin. Anyway I am going to stayed in touch with your log from now on! I hope things go well for you!

one question btw how are the bumps on your forehead doing 6 weeks in?

omg scarredpores you have the EXACT same skin to me in terms of acne. I have been on this site now for over 6 months and I am yet to find anyone with the exact problem, I repeat exact problem I have!!!

Im so happy in a way because we are both on accutane except im only 3 weeks so your progress should hopefully replicate mine! Also I have the same thing if I stretch my skin I have deep blackheads. I have the same bumps as you on my forehead and my cheeks also have the same bumps. Last week I also noticed my clogged pores especially around the sides of my nose and on my nose purging. They have reduced but I still have some. Most of these bumps are not visible unless very close up and if you physically stretch the skin. Anyway I am going to stayed in touch with your log from now on! I hope things go well for you!

one question btw how are the bumps on your forehead doing 6 weeks in?

hey sid99-

my face is clear of acne. it cleared up completely maybe like two weeks ago. my superficially clogged pores are gone and the deep thickly clogged pores have become less congested (esp the ones on my nose). there's still a bunch of them that i see when i stretch my skin out. otherwise, they are not very visible. my forehead is clear except also for those deeply clogged pores on my t-zone (that make it look as though i have humongous pores). again, they are barely noticeable. overall, i'm happy with how my skin is right now. it's clear and not oily. it's a little dry but moisturizing gets rid of the dryness. good luck with your course! let's keep in touch.

Your skin is looking so much better, it really gives me some encouragement!

The hardest part initially is certainly going to be refraining from picking the surfacing gunk out of my pores. Let me know if you discover the secret to that (maybe I'll force myself to avoid mirrors in fluorescent lighting!) Good luck in nursing school, you are really blessed not having concentration issues and I'm praying that starting at a lower dose will help me with that issue. I would much rather have bloody boogers any day... (they teach us in school how to use "packing" so if it gets really bad, just go for the tampons ---hahah how obscene)

Keep us updated!

Week 7

I don't know what's going on, but my face is no longer dry. In fact, it gets a bit oily by the end of the day. Maybe I should ask my doctor to increase my dosage to 50-60mg for the 3rd month and on.

Other than that, my lips are just sort of dry and my skin is clear of inflamed acne. I still see gunk trying to push themselves out of my pores. I think a higher dose will help those move along quicker.

Wow! Your skin looks beautiful! It's so good to see that Accutane is really helping you. Looking forward to reading more about your experience on Accutane. I have just finished my first two weeks.

All the best,

Nali

Your skin looks flawless in your July 5 picture... did you not get many red marks? Good luck on the rest of your course! =]

no, i don't have any red-marks. i do however have hyperpigmentation from the acne that has dried up and from before i even got on accutane. it's slowly going away though.

thanks for dropping by!!

thanks for stopping by Nali! and yes, i'm so thankful for accutane and what it has done to rid of my acne especically the painful nodules/cysts that i would get along my jawline.

good luck with your accutane adventure! i hope you have success just like me. =]

Wow! Your skin looks beautiful! It's so good to see that Accutane is really helping you. Looking forward to reading more about your experience on Accutane. I have just finished my first two weeks.

All the best,

Nali

thanks kangin! yeh, i was surprised that it started working right away. i don't know whether or not using retin-a for 2-3 months prior helped with lessening or even prevent me from having an IB, but i'm thankful. i barely had side effects either except bleeding nose a few times, some headache, and tiredness.

good luck with your course! i hope you see improvements like mine.

your skin looks AWESOME, scarredpores! =o. and only two months in?! wow. i'm jealous haha

hey. just stop by and say hi. your blog is really helpful for me. I have almost the same kind of ance like you except that i have a lot more. i am on accutane now. so did you up your dosage? how long will your course last, 6 months as usual?

btw, are you a medical student? pathophysiology, sounds hard

hey,

sorry for the late response, but i'm taking pathophys for nursing school. i have less than a year left.

my dosage did not go up. i stayed at 40mg/day. i'm not doing 6 months. i'm actually only doing 3 months because my acne was gone by the first month, and as a rule that i read somewhere while researching accutane, at least 1.5 months after you clear on accutane, you can stop taking it. i decided to stop at 3 months because of this and because i don't like how i feel so tired all the time.

my skin is clear, clear, clear of acne!! now...if only i could say the same about my scars. i'm hoping time will be on my side in this last one. but if not, i'm still good with my results. i'm also hoping that my acne will either not come back at all or will come back but only once in a while and very mild.

-scarredpores

hey. just stop by and say hi. your blog is really helpful for me. I have almost the same kind of ance like you except that i have a lot more. i am on accutane now. so did you up your dosage? how long will your course last, 6 months as usual?

btw, are you a medical student? pathophysiology, sounds hard

i'm almost done with my 3rd month, and i decided to stop taking accutane even though i have one more months worth left. i decided to do this because my face has been clear since around the first month, and i read somewhere during my research on accutane that treatment can be stopped with good results if you continue taking accutane at least 1.5 months after you clear up. i just can't stand the fact that i'm tired all the time and that my joints and muscles ache. it's not intolerable, but i just don't feel like going through it. good luck to everyone!

accutane rocks!!!

You look great girl! but one little thing, i recommends you to finish the course, i'm talking about the recommended Dose per KG (120 MG per KG) yo avoid new breakouts in te future.

I'm in the month the next friday and... im breaking out a lot more, i only wish to have the same results like you :).

Good luck an good bye!

5 months post-tane

i didn't complete my course. i stopped accutane after 3 months because i was clear already. i stopped because i was having GI issues (i.e. constipation, relflux (i already had this but accutane exacerbated it)).

anyway, i'm glad i went through accutane. i only get very few and very small skin-colored pimples/bumps on my forehead and rarely on other places. no more cysts/pustules! no more painful pimples! they go away quick though. i just have to maintain the results by exfoliating every other day. my blackheads have lessened too!!! and i no longer have extremely oily face! i would say that accutane cleared me up of acne by 90%! during the course, i was completely clear (but oh so painful dry). i'm so happy that my face is so smooth.

questions? just ask...

well it's been almost a year since my last pill. i'm 90% clear. i get pimples but not as big and not as many cyst-like pimples.

to maintain, i wash my face with st. ive's apricot scrub, and sometimes, i use 5% benzoyl peroxide. i also try to exfoliate because my skin doesn't shed properly.

overall, i'm happy with the results of accutane. if ever my acne came back around, i probably would go for another round.

good luck to all who are going through the accutane journey!!