Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scarred4life?

accutane, thin skin and tanning

Hello,

I have a couple of questions I was hoping somone could help me with.

I finished my second course of Accutane about 7 months ago. My skin has become "thin". Will my skin regain it's "thickness"? If so, after how long?

Also, does tanning, artificial or natural, impede collagen growth in the skin?

ya...thin in the sense that....i also can't explain LOL but i know what u mean by thin..since it was 7 months ago...tanning is not a problem.

I guess I would explain "thin" skin as exaclty that, looking thin. The parts of my face that are not scarred seems to be "fatter". I have an area on both of my cheeks that seem to be a little dpressed and then boxcar scars on those areas. Since I finished my accutane my face looks like sh*t. The worst it has ever looked. Red spots and scars all over my cheeks. I am so depressed :D

Any kind of tanning destroys the collagen in your skin.

I don't know much about Accutane. If you aren't still on it I would take a multivitamin,zinc(no more than 50 mg. daily, vitamins C and E( no more than 400 I.U of E).All of these vits are known for their skin healing properties; they will help somewhat.

If you are still on it, don't take any of those vits, bc they increase the levels of vit A in your body.

GLuck :D