Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
devendralover

Single Hispanic Female's 60mg Claravis Log 8/15/08 now with pics

Okay so here it goes guys I finally decided to take the plunge. My derm told me about accutane maybe 2 months ago and at first I wanted to get on it then I read all kinds of horror stories and scared the crap out of myself and decided I would stick to the 100mg. of Doxy and the 8% benzoyl topical cream for my face that I had been doing for a little over 2 months. I went to the derm again last Tuesday and was very upset I actually started crying in front of the derm (I hate people seeing me cry!) she told me straight up, "get on this medicine I really think it would help you". Here is the rundown on Moi I have had acne since I was about 14 years old but it did not start to get out of control till about November of last year. That is when I started to get cystic acne. I would get one or two huge zits that never developed a head just got huge and red. I started to see the derm in Jan and she put me on the 100mg. of Doxy and had me apply 8% BP. After two months of this treatment the cysts did slow down but I still had to visit the derm and recieve those stupid shots in my face (not so pleasant let me tell you). Now I have a few nasty scars that drive me bonkers with no make-up on them. I also have extremely oily skin on my face and oily hair so I am looking forward to being dry in those areas. So here I am 4/22/08 and I just took my first pill with a peanut butter granola bar and a large glass of water. I thought I would start a log since so many of you have and they have helped me feel better about taking this medication. So here is to clear skin people :clap:

Claravis 60mg. a day

Mood-Excited to think about having clear skin and jamming to some Le Tigre

Side effects-None I took the pill like 2 hours ago

Day 3

I feel fine nothing to report. Face is oily but then it always is. I have about 4 actives on my face now so lets see how that goes. Went and spent like $50.00 yesterday stocking up on supplies. I bought a $11 bottle of Eucarin lotion and then I take it home and see that it makes your skin sensative to sun great! I have to get up extra early now so I can lather my entire body in lotion after showering. I was wondering are you suppossed to take the pill at the same time everyday? I am taking mine about 9am (pop 1 20mg pill) and then again at 2pm (pop 2 20mg pills). I don't want to take them in the evenings because I work out and visit with friends and having to pop the pill would be inconvenient. I have worked out every day since I have taken the pills and have not noticed being any more sore than usual. I have been eating flax seed meal in my oatmeal every other morning so hopefully I will not get sore joints.

hi ive read your posts and we seem to be really similar. I am 26 years old half hispanic half german, ive had acene i guess since 16 and through that time it has gotten worse and better depeding on time of year and meds. I have been on antibiotics twice once at 19 and once at 21 did a little bit of help but didn't get rid of all acne and my oily skin. I am super oily 2 hours after a shower its built back up again and you can see the shinny oil if i blot my face with my forearm you can see the oil on my arm. I don't understand why only my afce is oily and my hair? No other part of my body gets oily only face and hair. Its like all my sebum glands are there and non anywhere else. Bascially now i just use cetaphil and BP 2.5% at night but i hate having to put on lotion everynight just to keep my acne moderate. So i went to my derm and i am fed up i hate having to wash and use BP 2.5% i just want normal skin i don't want to be afraid of touching my face anymore or having something rub against it an get all paranoid. Or have to worry about washing my face because it has been 2 hours and i am oily again. Its so time and mentally consuming always thinking about your acne and hoping tomorrow skin is better then today or that tomorrow skin doesn't break out as bad as last week. So i am going on accutane 40 mg a day i am tall 6'4'' 225lbs so i think this is a low dose its only .4mg/kg normal is 1 -2 mg/kg but doc said my acne is mild and this is all i would need. hope everything works. Sorry for ranting sometimes it just helps knowing there are other people in the same boat.

Rant on please that is what the board is for and you are right we are very similiar. I am half Hispanic and Italian. Yeah for half breeds :cool: I hear ya about the oil and that is why I got on accutane (that and the cystic acne.). That dose does seem low but if that is what your Dr. gave you then give it a shot better to take a little than too much. I wish you the best on your course as well.

also was just curous about side effects. I love the beach and go as often as possible in the summer. And being half spanish i tan perfect and just get more and more golden brown as summer goes by, rarely burn after my base tan. wondering how tane will affect my tanning ability. Also i rarely drink 1 -2 times a month but i do smoke pot once a day though wondering if this is an issue?

I smoke pot on the daily and basically you just need to make sure you have lots of water avaliable to you because pot makes you cottonmouth and on the accutane you will be really thirsty as it is without smoking pot. So besides being extra cottonmouth I have not noticed pot effecting me any different since I started the Claravis. Oh yeah have a good lubricating eyedrop because your eyes get way red and way dry when you smoke. As far as the sun goes you just need to load up on sunscreen I have only been on claravis a few days and have not really spent too much time in the sun but my Doc says to just load up on the sunscreen becuase you could get burned. I usually tan and never burn but just to be safe I am going to load up on the sunscreen and maybe wear a hat. I am going to be in the sun tomorrow so I will let you know how that goes. Sunglasses are a must too becuase the sun is rough on your dry eyes. As far as drinking goes I have not drank since taking the meds (a whopping 4 days woo!) but I am going to have some beers this evening so I will let you know how that goes as well but being that you only drink 1-2 times a month you should be okay just make sure not too over do it if you feel sick stop drinking.

Day 4, 5 and 6

Okay so I noticed I am so sleepy on these meds. My face is starting to peel and I look like I have a sunburn but I already notice my skin changing. I have been putting lots of moisturizer on my face and since I am already oily without the moisturizer on with it on I am extremely oily but whatever I don't want to be all peely. I drank some beers this weekend and felt fine. I did notice though on Friday I had about 5 beers and started falling asleep on my friends couch about 10:30 I finally just went to sleep in her spare bedroom about midnight and then forced myself out of bed at 10am the next day. I was still so sleepy. So really my side effects thus far are being very tired, very dry face, and peeling lips. I put on aquafor like 20 times a day no joke. I decided to start taking vitamin E and milk thistle as well. Mood is okay for a Monday I guess. I went and Saw Kanye West this weekend and froze my ass off but it was fun he is really good in concert.

Day 8

Okay so everything is still going really well. I went running yesterday and boy my knee's were killing me once I got home but today I feel like a champ just a little discomfort in my hip for whatever reason but nothing that is keeping me down. So the past 2 days I have put consealer under my eyes only! I am so stoked about that!!!! My aunt complemented my skin the other day too so there is another plus. To anyone that reads this and is scared of taking accutane please just take the plunge it is so worth it. Here I am barely on day 8 and I am already loving my skin. I understand I could get an initial breakout since it is still pretty early on but I am ready for that. In fact I have noticed that I am seeing a few tiny umps pop up, but when you are use to seeing zits the size of nickels on your face a tiny spot is nothing to complain about. The one thing I hate about the tane though is that I am so tired. Really, my house is looking a mess becuase by the time I get off work and go work out it is already late and I am so tired. I do not feel like cleaning my house. The month of May is so busy for me, this weekend I am going home to visit the family, the next I am going to a friends college graduation, the week after that the lake and the week after that another friends graduation. There are some days I just want to say screw it to working out but I have told myself I am not going to let this medicine change my routine, if I worked out before I started taking Claravis I am going to work out while I take Claravis. My ultimate goal is to have clear skin and a six pack abs by October. Call me vain but hey mang I work hard and I want to see some muscle in my stomach. Well thanks for reading and once again here is to clear skin. I noticed some people put songs of the day or whatever on their logs so here is my album of the week.

A Lesson In Crime

By-Tokyo Police Club

Favorite Track on the album-Be Good

Day 13

Skin is doing really really good. Here is is 12:30 in the afternoon and I have not had to wipe the oil off my face once today! So yeah oil is going away. I did notice some small dandruff flakes in my hair but I used some T-Gel so hopefully that will help. I wash my hair with Head and Shoulders but someone told me it takes 2 weeks to work and tomorrow will be my 2 week mark so lets see how that goes. Lips are still dry like heck! my aquafor is a godsend. I did notice that the corners of my nose are very dry so I am going to put vasoline there so I don't look too freakish. I noticed that I have a few small zits coming up on my cheeks and chin. Out of about 5 of them one became a white head and this morning when I washed my face it just washed off so that was nice. Today it is drying out rather nicely. My arms itch like a motherfunker. I am not dry there so I don't know why but I do notice I scratch them a lot so I need to chill out. Well thanks for reading hopefully everyone has a glorious week :chuck: <-----this is awesome!

Day 16

So yeah all is well on the home front guys. Still no oil wipe away like I am use to and that is great. The dandruff seems to have calmed down as well. My arms still itch like crazy I just make sure to put lotion on after the shower, when needing during the day and before I go to sleep. I had 2 new small zits pop up on my hairline (one near my bangs the other on the right side of my face) but they are not too noticable. I am getting excited for the weekend I am going to a friends graduation. The only thing I am scared of is being around all my buddies and drinking heavily, these guys expect me to be able to hang with them and to be honest I want to let loose with them some I have not seen in a while so lets see how that goes. I have had drinks before while on the Claravis and if anything it just made me sleepy so I am just going to make sure to drink lots of water while drinking lots of alcohol if that makes any sense. If I can steer clear of shots I will do so but with these guys it will be hard. Plus I really don't want them knowing I am on the medication they will all give me shit about how I don't need it. For whatever reason they can't seem to understand that my self esteem is low. They are all guys and seem to think for whatever reason I can have anyone I want (not true). None of them have bad skin so they don't understand. It is really nice to have guy friends that think highly of you like these guys do of me. I love them so much. Alright I will post how everything goes with the weekend on Monday.

Day 20

Okay guys so I survived a weekend of seeing old friends and drinking myself into oblivion. Let me just say I feel like crap today. Friday I drank 2 glasses of wine, 4 beers and about 4 jaeger bombs. I puked that night but when I woke up the next morning I felt fine. Then Saturday came around and it was my friends graduation party. They all started drinking about 4pm and I got there about 9pm so I had to catch up and quick. I could not even tell you how much I drank. My memory started to get blurred after about midnight. I woke up Sunday morning still in my dress and wondering what the hell happened the night before. So this weekend has taught me to just really take it slow with the drinking and to stay away from taking any shots. I must say though that this morning I feel a little sad I don't know if it has to do with the drinking or the fact that it is a Monday but I just want to go home and cry. I feel like I need a good cry. I was in my hometown this weekend for the grad party and when I leave my dad and sister I always feel sad so that may have something to do with it to. My skin is doing great. I have a cyst near my ear, one of the left side of my hairline and a very small pimple under my bangs on the top of my head. Yesterday I gave my friend a ride back to where we live from our hometown. Usually on the 3 hour ride back home I end up getting all oily and by the time I actually get home I look like I have been sweating all day long my face is so oily. This time around though I did not get oily at all which was nice because my friend was with me and I would hate to have to wipe away oil in front of him. About 3 months ago we went back to our hometown and he drove us. On the ride back to where we live I had to sneak oil wipe aways whenever I thought he was not looking so embarrasing! But not this time around yeah! This morning I forgot my aquafor so thank god I planned on getting away from work today for lunch, I will just stop by walmart and get some more. So back to the sad feeling I have today. I am lonley. Do you guys ever feel so alone if when you are surrounded by people? I noticed lately I can be sitting talking to a friend and my mind starts to wander thinking about other things. Then I catch myself and start paying attention to what my friend is saying. I hope they don't notice I do this as it is very rude. My mind is just always wondering. So back to this friend I gave ride back home to. This is not about my skin but I need to vent. I have known him for 10 years now. We went to high school together then he moved to Texas to go to college. He would call me everynow and then to say hello and we would catch up on what was going on in our lives. Well last year he graduated college and got a job where I live. I have never really had any romantic feelings for this guy until about last year. I went to Texas to see him graduate and we had a really good time together. Then he came to where I live to interview for a job he would later get. When he came for that interview he stayed with me and we had a blast. It was then that I realized I was very attracted to him. I would get a little alcohol in me and want to jump his bones bad!!! I did not let him know because I did not want to scare him off but then I noticed he would give me the come hither eyes and flirt. Once he moved here I started to really like him because we were hanging out every day. I liked him so much he was all I thought about all the time. I would go to sleep with him on my mind and wake up with him on my mind. I felt like a prisoner in my own mind. One night after we were drinking it was about 4 am and I had to go to work at 8 that morning so I went to sleep in his friends spare bedroom. I told him to come join me soon. He did and we cuddled and I told him I wanted him really bad. His responce was, "Really? Why me? I would never think in a million years you want me." I told him I did not know what it was but I was rediculously attracted to him and I did not know how to act because we have been friends for so long and I did not want to make him feel weird. He told me he wanted me to but was scared to ruin our friendship. Then directly after that he said okay lets have sex. Haha I told him no lets just cuddle and fall asleep so we did but a few hours later I woke up to him saying, "come on sex, lets just have some sex" So needless to say that night we just cuddled Ha funny! Finally one night we all went out and got drunk. I stayed at his house and we were in bed cuddling and I just let him know how I felt. I told him I liked him alot and could not handle it anymore. He was always on my mind. I looked him in the eyes and just told him exactley how I felt. We ended up kissing and it was like a huge burden had been lifted off my shoulders. So yeah we kissed and before you know it one thing had lead to another. This was about 2 months after I first told him how I had wanted him. Before we actually had sex we would sleep in the same bed just falling asleep cuddling each other i loved that! After we had sex it was like there was no more cudlding just sex. I know how men are if a woman is willing to give it up they are willing to take it. So long story short the last time we slept to gether was almost 2 months ago and let me tell you I want sex so bad!!!!!!!! I am going crazy over here!!! This has been going on between him and I for about a year now. After the first time we slept together he went and started dating this chick for about a month and during that time I barely saw him. He would rarely call once he started seeing this chick. After things stopped between them guess who he started calling again? Yup me and guess what? I took him back with open arms. I think another reason for my sadness this morning is this situation. I want him to take the next step. I want him to want to be with me and only me. I know he is not sleeping with other women because I see him pretty :cry:regularly and know all of his business but just because he is not sleeping with anyone does not mean anything to me. I want us to be together. I want us to cuddle like we use to, falling asleep telling each other we love each other. I thought I was over this already I really did and here I am crying as I type this. Why???????? The only time I feel like this is when we have sex and the next day it is like nothing happend but like I said earlier it ha been like 2 months since we have slept together so I don't understand why I am sad about him. This weekend we had such a good time hanging out. When I saw him this weekend he got up and gave me a big hug and had a huge smile on his face. I wish he felt the same why I do about him. I over analyze our situation so much. I think well maybe he is scared to take it to the next level but really if someone wants you and they want you bad enough they will do whatever it takes to get you. Guys am I right in thinking this way? This dude has had one girlfriend his entire life! ONE! He is 25 years old by the way. I wish I just had the guts to just tell him, "look I want to date you and if I can't date you then I can't see you for a while". In all honestly that is how I feel. I can't be around someone I like so much and not be with him. Its fucking killing me inside. So any advice would be greatly appreciated. Sorry this is not so much about my skin but seriously it is laying heavy on my heart. Ugh seriously I fucking hate Mondays especially Mondays after a long weekend of drinking. Thanks for sticking this long post out guys. As far as me feeling this way and it being linked to the Claravis I highly doubt it. Monday's are usually bad for me. So skin is great, dandruff has gone away, lips still dry but aquafor is a god send. :cry:

so yeah I just left for lunch and guess what I forgot to grab out of my office? Yeah my wallet. Thank goodness I had some aquafor in my car. Today sucks it really does. Read my last post and give me some advice here peeps!

In my experience when a guy wants to be with a girl, he is always the one to call and make a first date. He is also always the one to start 'the talk'; even if inadvertently. I have learned that no matter how much I may like someone, they don't have to return their feelings. You should have a talk about whether your get togethers are just for sex. You have been having this kind of relationship for about a year and things haven't changed. He is even placing you on the back burner while he sees other women. I think you can definately do much better by meeting a guy where you are his world and you wouldn't even be in this unfortunate situation. Believe me, it took me a few years to figure this out. Have you ever read, He's Just Not That Into You? It's actually a really good read. I found it difficult to digest at times but it is also funny and is helpful as there are many scenarious for a person to possibly relate to.

oh the bible that is, "He is just not that into you" Yes I have read it. I actually let a friend borrow it and she has yet to return it or yeah I would be reading it for a confidence booster. I totally understand what you are saying it just sucks when the person you are head over heels for is a best friend. I go through phases where I won't contact him because I can't be around him it hurts so much. Then he calls me and wants to hang out and I just can't bring myself to go over because I want something I can't have i guess, who knows. I really wish I was an emotionless robot being a human hurts too much.

That is a tough situation... it would definately suck to be in it. You're right about the robot thing. I'm not sure if the Accutane makes things worse or not. Let me tell you I am not looking forward to possibly having mood swings as my journey on Accutane goes on.

Day 21

Thanks for your responses Destiny Rose it is always nice to get feedback. I hope I did not scare you with my mood yesterday in all honesty Mondays are usually bad for me and after hanging out with my friend all weekend I guess it just brought all those feelings out that I had tucked away so really I don't think it had anything to do with the Claravis if anything maybe the excessive drinking while on Claravis made me all sad. So my suggestion is moderation my dear just don't over do it on the drinking like I did.

Today I feel great I am actually at work with no-make up on so that feels nice. My skin is doing well. That cyst near my ear keeps poping when I wash my face at night and since it is such a sensative area it is very uncomfortable. I did notice that my ears itch ( I am assuming it is because they are dry) and when I scratch them little white flakies come off so I need to start moisturizing my ears now (who would have thought). I noticed I am looking rather thin lately as well. I don't know if it is my diet and exercise or the Claravis because I have not been eating all that healthy and have only exercised maybe 3 times a week on a good week. That is one thing I do not like about this medication is that it makes me really really tired. I went to bed last night about 10:30 and woke up this morning at 6:50 still really really sleepy. So this weekend I was suppossed to be going to the lake with some friends but last night I went over to go and get the game plan and they (Tom and Sally) dropped the bomb on me. This guy we were going over there with, lets say his name is B called Tom and Sally and tells them basically that I cannot go but they can. I can't go because B's girlfriend Sara does not want me to go. Sara kept telling B it would be too crowded if I went but if Tom and Sally went it would be fine. How messed up is that? First off it is B's birthday we are going to celebrate not Sara's. That girl is such a bitch I really don't know what her problem is with me. I am never anything but nice to that chick. I even asked Tom and Sally when we are around B do I flirt with him or act strangely in any way towards him? They of course responded no not at all and they just think for whatever reason Sara is jealous of me. I swear why do women have to be so catty? As far as it being too crowded if I went, we had already planned to camp on the beach as it is and B and Sara rented some crappy trailer that they would stay in. So yeah now I have Friday off with nowhere to go. I was really looking forward to getting out of town for few days. Oh well atleast I have Friday off. I watched the Secret last night so I am really trying to focus on all the good things I have in my life and I have realized when I do that life is so much easier everything just seems to fall into place. Thanks for reading.

Album of the Week

Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Canyon by Devendra Banhart :wub:

Favorite Track on the Album-Carmensita

Your mood wasn't scary. Thanks for the moderation tip. Sucks about your weekend but, like you said, it's a day off! I am beginning to understand the fatigue.... I have been waking up exhausted. Guess it's starting to kick in!

Day 21

So I had one small little pimple pop up on my left cheek but it is nothing to worry about as I am sure it will go away very quickly. The cyst on the right side of my face near my ear is another story. It looks so damn gnarly today seriously. It is all scabby and has a humongous whitehead I will have to post some pics so you guys can get grossed out. My mood is pretty crappy and I am more indecisive than usual. One minute I feel fine then as the day progresses I start to feel bad then good again. Who knows what the hell is going on here. I am trying to stay positive though, I only have the rest of today and work tomorrow then Friday off. Still don't know what I am doing this weekend I told some friends I would go to the lake with them and then after work my crush asked me to go white water rafting with him. I want to say screw the lake and just go rafting but that would be rude of me to cancle on my other friends. This would otherwise be a quick and easy decision but for some reason I am confused and unsure about what to do. My stomach hurts today as well but I think its just because I am nervous about what to do. Ah boo

Day 28

Wow so I can't believe I have been on ze tane for this long. All in all I feel great. I went to the lake this weekend and got a really nice tan. I did put on sunscreen but I guess not enough. I did not wash my nor moisturize my face for a day and I broke out with two little pimple near my mouth. Sucks but whatever I am staying positive. I went out last night and partied with some friends I have not seen in years and yeah I feel like poop on a shoe today but my face is good. The cyst near my ear is finally healing. I did notcie my skin is getting way dry now. I had some red marks on my leg yesterday from my socks, I guess I had them pulled up too high and they were tight on my calves leaving red marks. So all is well on the home front guys I hope everyone is going well.

Day 29

Okay so those 2 zits near my mouth have now become huge and yeah that sucks being that I have a friends graduation to attend this weekend, boo! I also noticed yesterday that my chin was really red and a nice huge zit is starting to pop up but its still pretty much under the surface if that makes any sense. So I go see my derm tomorrow and went and got my blood taken on Friday. Usually she would call me to tell me to go onto IPledge but she has not so I am wondering what is up with that. I am staying positive though. I am debating on wether or not I am going to have them give these pimples cortisol shots when I go in tomorrow. It would be nice to be somewhat zit free for the graduation but I am scared of scaring from the shots. I have spots on my face now where I got a shot and they my skin is indented. I use to have an ice pick type mark on my chin from a shot but thank goodness in the past few weeks it is becoming less noticable. The cyst near my ear finally is not scabbing anymore, that thing was so gross. So since I went out on Monday night and got maybe 4-5 hours of sleep and today Wednesday I am still so sleepy, it sucks. I had so much fun though I love my guy friends. I ran into this guy I have not seen in months and the last time I did see him he was dating this girl and now he is single. He has also been working out a lot and looks really really good. He gave me this surprised look when he first saw me. He was being really flirty but he is also friends with my friend who I have been recently crushing on so yeah I can't go there as I am sure Rich would think that is pretty trashy being that he and I have hooked up so many times. I kinda passed out that night and did not wash my face so I think that is why those 2 little pimples became big ones. If its any consolation I did jump in Rich's pool for middle of the night swim and my face got wet but not washed ha. Rich invited me to go to the Mile High Festival with him in Denver but I don't really feel like spending $150.00 on a ticket. On the line up all I really want to see is Tom Petty. I know I would have a blast with him though so I may give in and go. So when I brush my teeth before bed I sit on my sink counter and look at my face all up close and personal and I noticed I have what looks like little tiny black hairs coming out of my skin, its really weird. I don't know if they are blackheads or actually tiny little hairs. My arms are itching like crazy lately and having long nails does not help. I find myself scratching all the time. Eyes are really dry and red now. Lips are still dry but aquaphor really helps with that. I am using Eucarin lotion I think its extreme dryness formula and man it is greasy and all my clothes stick to me even after I wait 45 minutes after applying the lotion to get dressed. I have to get some other lotion. I can't stand this greasy crap. My head itches like crazy as well, although I am using head and shoulders champoo and conditioner. The ends of my hair are dry and in need of a trim something fierce. So besides the usualy side effects and 2 pimples on my chin/mouth area I am good. I bought the new Radiohead album, "In Rainbows" and man it is so good!!!!!!!!! It makes me want to see them in concert really bad but I just checked out their tour schedule and they are not coming anywhere close to where I live damn it!!!!!

Day 30

Just got back from seeing my derm and they left me on the 60mgs a day for the next month. He said my skin looks good except for the 2 zits near my mouth area. My cholesterol was 145 and he said people would kill for that so there is no need to do a blood draw next month, just the pregnancy test and I can just pee in a cup for that not get a needle shoved in my veins. I did get 3 cortisol shots and the 2 zits on near my mouth hurt so bad. The one that almost looks like a cold sore got so read and was pulsing it hurt so damn bad. This morning when I woke up they were filled with puss so I just let them be but when I got out of the shower I noticed they had busted and I had 2 nice skin flaps so I just took those off and was left with 2 nice holes in my face, :doh: Hopefully the shots will kick in and dry them suckers up before Saturday morning when I have to go to a friends graduation ceremony. Nothing new to report on side effects. I was out of pills so yesterday I only took 2 20mgs instead of the usual 3 20mgs a day. I was so excited to take my pills today. I did not get my hands on them untli about 1pm and I usually take 1 at 9am and the other 2 at 2pm so I just wanted to hurry and take them once I got them from the pharmacy. I am really thankful that I got the opportunity to take this medicine. I can hardly wait for my clear skin to come around. I hope everyone is having a beautiful day and remember to think nothing but positive thoughts!

Day 31

Dry Dry Dry is all I can say. Geez I have been itching like crazy!!! My arms especially but my back is a close second. Also today I have put eye drops in like 4 times already and it is not even 5pm. I noticed my face is really dry today so I think I am going to start using cetaphil mixed with a bit of oil-free sunscreen because the Oil of Olay does not seem to be taking the dryness away. Those nasty zits I got cortizone shots in yesterday have cleared up nice, they are now just dry spots so that is way cool. I noticed a few small zits pop up on my chin but they are nothing really. I have decided to stop picking my face so lets see how that goes. The only zits I will pick are the ones filled with puss and I will try my best not to actually pick them but rather steam them and help them open on their own. I have really long nails so when I do pick my face man it looks way worse that it would have had I left it alone. I am looking forward to the extra day off this weekend so I can catch up on sleep. I have been sleepy all week and have been getting up at 7 at the earliest and yeah I have to leave my house for work about 7:40 and ladies we know it takes longer than 40 minutes to get ready. Well for me it does anyways. I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

Day 35

Hello all hope everyone had a nice long weekend. Like I mentioned in the last post I wanted to catch up on sleep and that I did so it was really really nice. My skin is looking really good. I actually wore my hair in a pony tail with my bangs clipped to the side exposing my forehead and that is a big step for me. I usually have nice cystic acne on the side of my face and that has cleared up nicely. Also my forehead usually has a zit or two but all is clear there as well. I really do love this medication besides it making me sleepy and the dry lips, eyes and skin it has been a smooth ride. REally I think we all just need to think positive about our course and not worry about getting the IB, or severe side effects because when you think about that stuff constantly then it is going to happen to you. When I find myself thinking negatively I just change it to positive thoughts and before you know it the stuff I was worried about goes away. Maybe I am a loon but positive thinking does really help me. My derm gave me some CeraVe moisturizer and it works great but I don't think it has the SPF in it so I am just going to stick to the Oil of Olay, some days it does not take care of the dryness other days it does so I am just going to use it all up then get something different. The no picking thing is going good as well. I can't hang out in the bathroom or I will pick so I just hurry up, wash my face and get out of there. All in all I have 3 tiny zits on my entire face, yes!!!!! Hope everyone has a good week.

Album of the Week

Deloused in the Comatorium

The Mars Volta

Favorite Track-The entire album is good listen from song 1 all the way through

hey there

thanks for stopping by! It looks like your treatment is going really well!

good luck on the rest!

Day 41

Skin is doing okay I guess. I have about 4 zits on my face but they are all really small. I noticed my scars are becoming more red (oh yeah!) and I am bruising like a piece of rotton fruit (oh joy). I was shopping yesterday and went to look at a pair of shoes I was trying on in the mirror and noticed my legs looked horrible, they are covered in bruises. I have like 3 weird spots that look like burns one on the inside of my elbow and 2 on my back. They don't itch or hurt at all but I noticed them the other day as I was slathering lotion all over my dry body. I do recall getting this a few years ago ( I was not on accutane had never heard of it actually) and they went away on their own but after a few months. I do not have a derm. appointment in the near future so I am just going to wait until they go away on their own or start to itch or hurt at which point I will det up an appt. with the derm. I drank way too much this weekend (Friday) and still feel it today. At work a few guys have had a stomach flu so I don't know if it was my excessive drinking or the stomach flu that is making me puke but today I am worthless. I woke up at 7:15 (suppossed to leave for work at 7:40) and my face was so swollen. It has gone down a bit but everyone today is asking me if I am okay. I am going to finish up my work and pick up some nyquil and sleep till I can sleep no more. I am going to the lake this weekend and cannot afford to be sick. I love the way accutane is making my skin but I hate the way it makes me feel. I am so sluggish and I try to ignore that and end up wearing myself really thin. The no picking my face thing is going really well. To be honest I don't pick my face because my skin is so sensative that even the tiniest zit once it is picked can look like hell, so I have decided it is better to have a tiny bump then have a nice red scab on my face. If a zit has a whitehead on it I just take a warm shower and by the time I get out that whitehead is gone and dries up by the end of the day. I did not put vaselline up my nose for the past 2 nights and my nose hurt so bad, it was so dry but thank goodess it did not bleed. Advice for the week my dears. Don't take shots of PAtron whilist on ze tane. You will want to fight with strangers, knock over glass tables, undress your significant other in front of others and throw up all over the place. Have a good week everyone!