Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dnttreadonme900

The cyst that got injected got BIGGER!

Two weeks ago I went to the derm and he injected a huge cyst I had for a month. It started to go down just a tiny bit but then stopped. Then it's big again!

Should I go back to get it injected again? Or since the cyst that has been on my face for over month it won't do any good.

It doesn't hurt or anything, it's just big and on my face.

Should I get it excised? Its pretty big. It was quarter size in the beginning but I'd say penny size. Either way, it won't go away! Ice, heat, cortisone, you name it! Doesn't work!

I find that after awhile your body gets desensitized to cortisone. The last few times I got injected, the cysts always came back even worse. That's why I never get injections anymore...

Two weeks ago I went to the derm and he injected a huge cyst I had for a month. It started to go down just a tiny bit but then stopped. Then it's big again!

Should I go back to get it injected again? Or since the cyst that has been on my face for over month it won't do any good.

It doesn't hurt or anything, it's just big and on my face.

Should I get it excised? Its pretty big. It was quarter size in the beginning but I'd say penny size. Either way, it won't go away! Ice, heat, cortisone, you name it! Doesn't work!

Nope. That couldn't be it because that was my first injection ever! And the other pimple he injected went down completely.

Its going down slowly but surely now. Its all hard now and not liquidly like it was in the beginning though.

When some people get cysts injected, they go down right away. Never happened for me, but I do find that it at least speeds up the healing process and it gets rid of the pain immediately, so I find it worth it. If you have good insurance, go again if it's been a week or more, otherwise just wait it out.