Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jillie86

I NEED HELP BADDDD GIRLS

ok guys...this is nooo joke. im 4 months into accutane and i am SOO embarassed to leave the house. i used to be an EXPERT in makeup, and finally found my fav foundation, bronzer, all that stuff...but since i started breaking out and then went on accutane that is all done with...i feel like people look at my makeup now and wonder "wow that girl doesnt know how to put on makeup"...well the truth is the only thing im concerned about is evening out my skin tone cuz i have tons of red marks!!!

can ANYONE suggest anything, foundations, powders, just like how the F to put it on...i really am searching for a foundation that will help me,,,or just like mask these f'ing redmarks.... im so tired of hiding in my room and being so self concious to even look people in the eye. im currently using estee lauder double wear and like caking that shit on...and i know i look ridiculous. please help with any productss!!!!!

thats a pic of me this morning, 4 months and 2 weeks into accutane :(

ok after uploading that pic...i see it doesnt look bad and im NOT a drama queen...its worse than it looksssss!!! lol

post-72870-1208878653_thumb.jpg

post-72870-1208878653_thumb.jpg

Um.

I'm sure you're right, and it's much redder in person, but honestly, you don't have it as bad as many of the people on this forum.

I would try to find a good green concealer to neutralize the red. If you get a cream, pat it LIGHTLY over the red areas, and if you get a powder, dust it lightly over the red areas, and apply your makeup as normal.

And realize this: Sometimes less is more. You can actually make something MORE apparent by caking makeup on top. Light application, even if it doesn't completely cover, can make things less noticeable than skin which is completely covered and fake looking.

What foundation do you use, if I may ask?

Edit: I see you already answered that. :)

Seriously, I would try switching to a lighter foundation. Estee Lauder double wear is pretty thick, and from what I see, you don't need that much coverage. There are some great cream to powder foundations on there which cover well but go on light.

I concur!

Although it's tempting to just mask the make up on it doesn't do you any favours as it makes people think "woah, why is she wearing so much make up!"

I also agree that your skin actually doesn't look that bad. You may have red marks, but your skin is smooth and non bumpy, which is the most difficult thing to hide.

If I were you Id get a good cream concealer, and use it (sparingly!) on the reddist of the marks. For the rest of your face you can use either a mineral powder foundation, or a light-medium coverage liquid foundation.

I would avoid the mousse foundations (they always cake on me!) and use EITHER powder foundation, or liquid foundation.

Im sure loads of people will disagree, but if I ever try and use liquid foundation AND powder.....I look more cake like than a friggin bakery.

I dont see anything wrong with your face...You have large pores but thats it. Maybe you have more in person but based on that pic, I dont see anything. How are you applying your estee lauder? I have a trick for applying liquid make up. What you do is you shake the bottle and then press one of your fingers against the top and turn it upside down, turn it back the regular way and apply a dot from your finger on both cheeks, one on your chin, one on your forhead and if you want one on your nose and then blend in the make up with either your finger or a make up brush.

I concur!

Although it's tempting to just mask the make up on it doesn't do you any favours as it makes people think "woah, why is she wearing so much make up!"

I also agree that your skin actually doesn't look that bad. You may have red marks, but your skin is smooth and non bumpy, which is the most difficult thing to hide.

If I were you Id get a good cream concealer, and use it (sparingly!) on the reddist of the marks. For the rest of your face you can use either a mineral powder foundation, or a light-medium coverage liquid foundation.

I would avoid the mousse foundations (they always cake on me!) and use EITHER powder foundation, or liquid foundation.

Im sure loads of people will disagree, but if I ever try and use liquid foundation AND powder.....I look more cake like than a friggin bakery.

thanksss guys!! it really means a lot, and you have no idea how it makes me feel when u say "its not that bad", believe it or not, ive spent this whole semester (of senior year i may add) in hiding. i live with my sorority sisters who all have GORGEOUS skin. i just cant believe my skin got this bad so fast :(...i dont wanna miss out on any more times with my friends, i just wanna look normal when i go out!

thanks guyss: so much!

thanksss guys!! it really means a lot, and you have no idea how it makes me feel when u say "its not that bad", believe it or not, ive spent this whole semester (of senior year i may add) in hiding. i live with my sorority sisters who all have GORGEOUS skin. i just cant believe my skin got this bad so fast :(...i dont wanna miss out on any more times with my friends, i just wanna look normal when i go out!

thanks guyss: so much!

My sister also had been on Accutane, so hang in there, the red fades. As far as making your skin smoother, be sure to use a makeup primer. It fills in some of the bumps and makes the makeup slide on smoother. It will also last longer without feeling cakey. I use MAC. Some others irritate my skin. Then use a concealer like the one from Amazing Cosmetics. You can get on Sephora.com. With your skin, try the light-medium color & use just a TINY bit. It takes about a pin head size to smooth around your nose, and then blend really well. It is a liquid that turns powdery and covers Everything! Then try using a bit of your old foundation, not the doublewear. That's too thick.

I hope this helps you! I know how miserable you're feeling about this.