Anyone tried Jan Ma...

Notifications
Clear all

Anyone tried Jan Marini products and are they any good!

MemberMember
(@40hereicome)

Posted : 04/22/2008 10:03 am

I was wondering if anyone had tried or is currently using Jan Marini products? I am

using the biogylcolic cleanser, it's too early to comment on the progress so far!

Her products get rave reviews on makeup alley, they seem to combat acne and

aging which at my age is much needed! They are expensive but if they work I

don't mind. I was thinking of purchasing the bioclear lotion/cream and factor A lotion, anyone else tried these? Any info much appreciated. Tks

MemberMember
(@zitophobe)

Posted : 04/22/2008 12:45 pm

I used the Jan Marini bioglycolic cleanser, stuck at it for 5 months to ensure I was past the initial breakout stage, but it messed my skin up badly. I had huge breakouts which left me with scars and red marks - big regrets now. Sorry it's not a more positive post :) Everyone's skin's different so it may work for you, I hope so.

MemberMember
(@battle)

Posted : 04/23/2008 4:12 pm

I've used a number of her products inc the cleanser which was too strong and stung my skin though my skin was quite resistant at that time.

I used and liked the bioglycolic lotion, as it got rid of most of the blackheads on my nose and made my skin rather soft . but i purged quite badly when I first started the lotion, maybe I purged for a week then took another 3 weeks for it to heal, so you need to be patient with it.

I've also use her bioglycolic eye cream which seemed to thin out hte skin on the eye area and it didnt apply well, as it was quite solid and hard. Also after application, my eye area was quite oily.

I've also used her enzyme mask which I thought was quite soothing but after about 10 applications, I've found it to do nothing for my face except for some mild exfoliation.

HTH

MemberMember
(@40hereicome)

Posted : 04/23/2008 5:12 pm

I'm experiencing some purging with the cleanser, mainly small bumps, feels worse than it looks. I do think it is starting fade some of the post acne brown marks though, which is good.

I think I'll wait to for my skin to settle before using the Factor A which is a retinol.

MemberMember
(@40hereicome)

Posted : 04/25/2008 3:47 am

I used the Jan Marini bioglycolic cleanser, stuck at it for 5 months to ensure I was past the initial breakout stage, but it messed my skin up badly. I had huge breakouts which left me with scars and red marks - big regrets now. Sorry it's not a more positive post :) Everyone's skin's different so it may work for you, I hope so.
MemberMember
(@xc60)

Posted : 04/25/2008 7:32 am

Can I ask where you experienced your breakouts whilst using the cleanser? Over all I think my

complexion is improving even though I feel I'm purging. I have got a couple of spots on my chin, which are bigger than usual!

MemberMember
(@zitophobe)

Posted : 04/25/2008 1:47 pm

Can I ask where you experienced your breakouts whilst using the cleanser? Over all I think my

complexion is improving even though I feel I'm purging. I have got a couple of spots on my chin, which are bigger than usual!

MemberMember
(@ciara)

Posted : 04/28/2008 4:40 pm

I have tried about all of her products and basically they suck!! I ended up with a horrible rash along with acne that was 2x worse than before I started the products. In my opinion, I should have saved my money and went to a dermatologist.

MemberMember
(@40hereicome)

Posted : 04/29/2008 1:47 pm

It's my second week using the cleasner and I'm liking the results, I'm still getting mild purging but my pores are looking cleaner and I think my skin tone is improving.

MemberMember
(@catlvr42)

Posted : 06/24/2008 10:24 am

I've been using Jan Marini products for a long time, and have experienced a stinging sensation at times, but nothing extreme or unbearable. I especially like the bioglycolic cream. It's not as harsh on my skin as the cleanser and it cleared up my acne problems and has kept my skin pretty healthy. The cheapest place I've been able to find it is at <A href=" http://www.agelessapple.com>www.AgelessApple.com</A )

Hope this helps :)

MemberMember
(@dc)

Posted : 08/24/2008 12:01 pm

40hereicome,

Do you still use the bioglycolic cleanser? If so how do you like it now?

I am looking into buying the Bioglycolic Cleanser and the Bioclear cream or lotion(not sure which would be better).

MemberMember
(@greatdanes)

Posted : 08/29/2008 7:28 pm

great

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/03/2009 3:39 pm

im surprised you folks are getting these results. I just bought my bottle and used it and the product seems great so far. The glycolic acid in it is only 12% which is a very very light chemical peel.. I am going to continue applying this product to see results. I do not think my skin will have your reaction. I definatly would not go for a TCA (medium peel) with your situations. They already dryed out some of my pimples and they are going away within the second application.

MemberMember
(@fuzzykat)

Posted : 01/04/2009 3:51 pm

I have been using jan marini for about 4 month now and i'm happy with them. i have sensitive skin and cannot use products that are too harsh/drying. Use the Bioglycolic cleanser NON-GLYCOLIC version and it wont dry you out. i also use the bioglycolic cream, t helps exfoliate and keeps my pores cleaner ( i did break out a little more the first 2 weeks that i used it though, but that is normal!), also use the vitamin C serum (evens skin tone) and last but not least, the antioxidant oil free SPF 30 moisturizer... I only use the bioglycolic cream 3-4 nights per week so that i wont dry out my skin too much... you will fingd the balance of what is good for your skin type after a lil while. Good luck! oooh also, vitamin B5 and zinc had has helped me.

MemberMember
(@didi78)

Posted : 01/05/2009 1:06 pm

I started using her bioglycolic cleanser and bioclear gel about 3 weeks ago (in conjunction with Differin 0.3% and clindamycin lotion), and my skin has been getting better. I think I had a small breakout initially, but that went away. Sometimes my skin needs to take a break from the cleanser (my skin gets too sensitive and it starts to burn too much), so I'll use it like 1 x a day rather than twice. So far, I really like her products! My doctor recommended it for adult acne (I get inflammed acne and cysts, particularly on my chin).

MemberMember
(@drj)

Posted : 02/03/2009 2:05 pm

I've been using jan marini products and skin peels in my aesthetic practice for 5 years now, with good results if used consistently. There are lots of products to use but a very basic regime would be... benzoyl peroxide cleanser to kill p acne bacteria, acne gel or bioclear, transformation cream with transforming growth factor to heal scars. Try a weekly DCL at home peel, introduce 1 new product at a time although transformation cream can be introduced with another product.

For more advice and discounted products my online shop is www.bn27skincare.co.uk.

theres also Agera, Skinceuticals, Mene and Moy products

MemberMember
(@junkyak)

Posted : 02/03/2009 11:53 pm

I just started using the bioglycolic cleanser. SO far ive used it twice and wow, the first time I used it I could immediately see a difference in my skin. It looked very glowing and the pores looked smaller. So far so good.

MemberMember
(@warrenr)

Posted : 02/17/2009 2:17 pm

HI IM USING JAN MARINI BIOGLYCOLIC FACIAL CLEANSER AND BIO CLEAR LOTION AND USING SPF 30 MOISTERISER I JUST WANDERED IF I COULD USE BENZOYL PEROXIDE WITH THE GLYCOLIC ACID CAN ANY1 HELP ME THANKS

MemberMember
(@bevy-anne)

Posted : 03/28/2022 5:57 pm

Ive used the entire system and experienced the worst acne Ive ever had. Im 51 and my skin is so damaged from these products.

i tried to buyinto the hype that I had to purge. Thats crap. Ive never before experienced open wounds as these blemishes came up. I have dark spots all over my jawline which I never had ever before.

Thinking foolishly that maybe the spf33 alone would deliver a different result, I used it one time yesterday. I already have a new swollen bump.

There needs to be more, honest feedback about this product going wrong.