Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yeahhh

Sunscreen over DKR?

If you do the regimen in the morning, and are going out in the sun a few hours, do you wash off your'e face before you apply sunscreen or right over? Does having the bp on as you're outside make it worse? I use 50 spf. Thanks

Applying sunscreen is highly recommended, esp. for those on the DKR regimen, as the BP can make your skin more sensitive to sun exposure. No need to wash off the BP or moisturizer. Just apply sunscreen right over it. As an added tip, I'd look for a good moisturizer which contains sunscreen, to save you a step. I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture w/ SPF 15 on the days I will be out in the sun.

Hope this helps! :D

You can apply your sunscreen over the bp/moisturizer if your current moisturizer doesn't have any spf. Or you can switch to an spf moisturizer as Debra recommended.

Be sure to reapply sunscreen during the day though if you spend a lot of time outdoors. Most brands recommend reapplying every two hours or so.