Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skip2MyLou

Advice needed for regimen

i have mild acne mostly concentrated on my forehead. they usually arnt big pimples but small little ones that come and go. what i usually do now is i wash with neutrogena oil free acne wash, which has some salycylic acid and i dont really put anything else on, i havent really "tried" hard to get rid of it. After i wash all the areas with the acne get red, but after 15-30min they become the same color as my skin so i dont worry about it. lately however it seems that my face has been getting more oily quicker, and after a while they start to become red again. combine that with an oily forehead and i havnt really enjoyed it at all. now i just wanna get rid of em so ive been looking around and found this regimen. now what would be the best cleanser/bp/moisturizer combo out there for me. i have somewhat dry skin, that becomes oily during the day, more so lately than before i do not know why. i also tend to sweat a bit, sometimes during gym or just going to class(i swear my school is way overheated). ive been reading about flakyness and peeling and oiliness as well due to this regimen? would i experience that as well? since my acne is bad i dont think i qould apply bp in the morning, maybe just at nites i dunno, ill have to try it out. anyways, thanks for reading, any advice?

For now, I suggest that you stick to your daily cleansing routine, then put BP on your forhead, and skip the moisturizer alltogether unless your forhead does become dry. Chances are, your forhead isn't going to be prone to drying out like the rest of your face would.

Do you have bangs? Even if your bangs are really short, oil can still get from your hair to your forehead, not to mention styling products. Because you have acne only on your forhead, I suspect that this may be a culprit. If you're not doing it already, you should try sleeping with a cotton headband or bandana holding your hair back, and if possible, get your bangs off your face as much as possible in the daytime, too. It may make a big difference for you.

Good luck

Minnie

well, my hair is really short, do u really think that my 3/8-1/2 inch hair is making my forehead oily? i dont wanna stay with my current routine for it is not really doing anything. is there another cleanser i can try instead of Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash? I might start either Dan's or Botchla's regimen. Which of the two are the less irriting and the best for oily skin?

I think it's possible that your hair might be a culprit. My boyfriend has very short 1/2 inch hair, and it makes his forhead break out. I'm not sure what cleanser would be best. I just use Softsoap (which is actually a liquid handsoap) but then I use a toner to get rid of any residue left by what is in the soap. I'm a firm believer that it's not the type of cleanser you have to worry about, it's the kind of residue it leaves behind.

Regardless of what cleanser you use, I think the important thing is that you start using the bp.

Good luck

Minnie