Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bare_bear

Bio Oil

Hey guys,

I have read some pretty amazing stuff about "bio oil"- a non greasy oil that helps gets rid of old scars, stretch marks, evens out skin tone....etc.

I was wondering if any of you have tried to use it on acne scars? It does say it is safe to use on the face.

Any advice is appreciated!

Hey guys,

I have read some pretty amazing stuff about "bio oil"- a non greasy oil that helps gets rid of old scars, stretch marks, evens out skin tone....etc.

I was wondering if any of you have tried to use it on acne scars? It does say it is safe to use on the face.

Any advice is appreciated!

I used it for a year. Other than making my face really moisturized, it didn't do anything. I saw no improvement in the scarring.

I have a bottle but it hasn't done much for me either, I'm afraid. It possibly helped fade some red marks and even out my skin tone, but it was by no means the miracle product it hails itself as for improving scars, (rather unsuprisingly...) and I can't say I've noticed any lasting effect on my scarring through using it.

I do think it can help to fade scars/red marks so that they blend in with the rest of your skin tone better, if they're still quite fresh, so it may help to make them less noticeable in that sense. But it doesn't seem to be able to 'plump' up the scar or actually improve it, not to any visible degree in my case anyway. I still use it every now and again, mainly just to try and moisturise the terribly dry patches that crop up on my face occassionally, as well as to help even out my tone. Not really a fan of the greasy feeling it leaves on my skin when I use it though so I don't tend to bother much anymore.

Who knows though, perhaps you'd have better luck? I'd warn against getting your hopes up about it doing much for scarring, but I would however, recommend it as being worth a try if you have red marks or uneven skintone that you'd like to try and improve.

I used it for a while but I didn't see any noticeable improvement. I guess it helps with skin tone and keeps it moisturised, but it certainly isn't a miracle cure, contrary to what they say.

Thanks for all the helpful info guys!!

Its basically because I have some DRY patches right now from going far too overboard when I first got my BP this weekend, and one fresh scar from when I picked the living daylights out of a big spot.

I was worried about using it and suffering MASSIVE breakout issues in the areas I used it, but I will tentatively give it a go...

Thanks again!!