Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone!!

So I've long been a lurker on this site and never really engaged in the community. It has however provided much support in those moments when I've been enragingly frusterated with my acne. So thank you very much. But I'm done lurking now because... I'm happy to report that I'm finally clear! And so now I feel I owe my story to others it might help.

I've struggled with moderate acne for years now.. and I've tried just about everything in an attempt to clear my problem skin - contraceptive pills, microdermabrasion, endless topical creams (both prescriptive and over the counter) and most recently antibiotics (100mg twice a day of minocycline). Though my contraceptive pill (Tricycline) did reduce my lesions a bit, it was certainly nothing to write home about.

After feeling as though I'd tried everything, my mother (thank heavens for her influence) suggested I go on a twelve day detox and accompany it with Noni juice. Well, I figured I had nothing to lose so I discontinued my antibiotics (but stayed on my contraceptives) and went with the holistic approach to curing my skin. Unbelievably, I only got two small pimples throughout the entire detox! I finished it two days ago and have continued to take two shot glasses of Noni juice as part of my daily routine (one with breakfast, another with dinner). I really think it's the reason my acne has faded so nicely! The detox helped to cleanse my body, but the powerful healing and anti-oxident properties of the Noni juice are what I think has cleared my skin. I did some research on it, and apparently the fruit carries numerous health and cleansing properties. Though, like most anything holistic, there is only anecdotal evidence. I, like many, was skeptical of holistic approaches, always thinking that modern medicine was more of a sure thing. I was SO WRONG. I couldn't be happier with the results of this fruit juice. Who would've thunk it?

Anyways, I just thought I'd share, for those of you who are at your wit's end and looking for something that may help. I certainly recommend it and would love to hear whether others have had similar experiences to mine.

Oh and, not to give too much personal information but, I just got my period yesterday and SURPRISE not one new pimple! I'm ecstatic, normally my face would be a mess by now! :whistle: I just can't believe my struggle is finally over...

Hey there Darla!

Thanks for sharing your success with the detox! It's definetly not the first time I've seen it around here.

Do you think you could post some before and after pictures in the Holistically Clear Skin thread?

WantToBeFree - it wasn't a juice fast, just a regular detox (a strict diet of organic vegetables and fruit) paired with a set of daily supplements. I added the Noni juice to the regimen for added benefits and voila! clear skin!

SoCold - I wish I could help you with some photos but I'm a real stickler for anonymity. Sorry.

Hey Darla - congrats on getting clear! I'll definitely try the noni juice (never have - here's my excuse!) - But was just wondering what supplements (you mentioned) did you use during the detox?

congrats!

could you go over exactly what the detox program was? did you JUST eat organic fruits/veggies? thats it? and also, how long have you been off the detox?

Congratz Darla!!! :clap:

eyh i've heard about Noni juice, only positive things, that it have cured other things,besides acne:)

isn't it quite simular to aloe vera juice?

the thing is.. here in norway it is pretty expencive, both of them. but i might try it..

and i am afraid it is diltued, that it is not pure Noni...

what was your regimen like for those 12 days. and what about red marks/scars? have they also improved?

BC. - I purchased a 12-day detox kit which provided 3 sets of supplements and an herbal dropper. I had to take two of each with breakfast/dinner (so twelve pills a day, tedious I know, but worth it). If youd like to message me I can give you the exact brand of detox I used!

lllll - 80% of your diet should be neutral or alkaline forming foods, acid forming foods are allowed as 20% of your total diet. The detox provides an extensive list of which foods are appropriate. No tropical fruit (as they produce excess yeast) and only one serving of domestic fruit per day. Also, no foods that contain yeast, flour, or sugar. It's quite strict but also quite effective and I don't think 12 days is very long of a sacrifice. I'm a vegetarian and so the meat requirements didn't apply to me - but if a meateater did the detox they would be allowed to eat as much fish as they wanted and a little chicken/turkey (as long as its organic), but NO red meat. I've been off of the detox for one week now and am still clear (but I continue to take two shots of Noni juice everyday as maintenance).

~Honey~ - I'm not sure if it's the same as aloe vera juice. Based on my experiences, I would put it in a category all its own - it really is a power fruit! If you check the ingredients on the bottle it should say whether it's 100% organic, though it tastes quite bitter if it is. The juice I use is 99.6% organic Noni and .2% citric acid and .2% raspberry flavour. It gives it a much sweeter taste. I live in Canada and prices range from $25 - $50 per bottle (946mL). What are the prices like in Norway? I still have red marks (though they're beginning to fade nicely) but I really can't complain since red marks cover nicely under makeup and are way better than acne!!

rcr0412 - I think everyone's different and you'll never know until you try it for yourself (like anything in life)!