Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
imhotbcimfly

Leave it all out on the board

For those of you who just need to vent and someone to listen or hear what you have to say. I know i need it sometimes. It keeps me up at night.

Ex.

Talk about your skin problems and what you hate the most about it.

Talk about problems that may be bothering you and want to know if anyone else has been through.

Talk about stress reducing activities.

I know i have problems that keep my up at night. I have been recent to this forum and most of my posts have just been to vent. I religiously use the regimen my dermatologist has prescribed me. It really takes a long time to clear up. I still have problems. The thing that keeps my mind off of it is mostly is great friends, sometimes video games, working out, or picking up a new hobby. Sometimes cleaning my room or doing my homework. I try to get a sense of accomplishment and it really does make me feel good. I spend probably 2-3hrs a day looking in the mirror. I know i have to stop. I have to stop living in the past and remembering how good my skin USE to look. Becuase as much as everyone on this site wants 3 wishes or a time machine to go back and prevent this or change something that to this day we regret, WE CANT. Share how your acne feels and i bet you'll feel better because your not alone...

I don't have much of a sob story. I started going through puberty when I was around 11 or 12, and that was when I started getting pimples. Mostly I'd get one or two pustules at a time, and even though my friends would ask me about the pimples occasionally (having never seen any pus-filled pustules until then), there was only mild embarrassment. Around eighth grade, the pimples got worst. Instead of one or two, I'd have maybe three or four at a time. Now, I'm a freshmen in high school. It's not horrible or anything, but just scares me that it's getting worst, and not diminishing as I'd hope. Acne face wash hasn't worked, so now I've gone back to just washing with plain water and putting on-spot treatment. I'm just praying for no cysts or nodules, and no enlarged pores or scarring. :)

I don't have much of a sob story. I started going through puberty when I was around 11 or 12, and that was when I started getting pimples. Mostly I'd get one or two pustules at a time, and even though my friends would ask me about the pimples occasionally (having never seen any pus-filled pustules until then), there was only mild embarrassment. Around eighth grade, the pimples got worst. Instead of one or two, I'd have maybe three or four at a time. Now, I'm a freshmen in high school. It's not horrible or anything, but just scares me that it's getting worst, and not diminishing as I'd hope. Acne face wash hasn't worked, so now I've gone back to just washing with plain water and putting on-spot treatment. I'm just praying for no cysts or nodules, and no enlarged pores or scarring. :)

sounds like you have nothing. I had the same thing when i entered freshmen year. I took for granted that. I just used oxy pads and yeh occasionally i would get a pimple or so. So after highschool my face broke out after i used acne free. I still live with the problems. So to help you out 1. don't use anything that makes you break out worse before it gets better. If after 1 day u break out i say you stop to prevent further damage. 2. Go to your dermatalogist ask your parents about it. He'll give you somehting to keep your acne under control. Remember to moisturize during the winter and sunscreen during the summer so don't take for granted what you have now. I hope you don't experience the things i have.