Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RonP

This is Absolutely Ridiculous: All Acne Medications that WORKED have been DISCONTINUED

I was checking out the OTC face wash reviews, when I realized that for all the top-rated face washes, the line had been discontinued. This holds true mostly for the "on the spot treatments," mainly: Herbal Logix, Stridex Fruit Therapy. Again, the top face washes have been discontinued: Clearasil Face and Body, Lever 2000, Eucerin...

Why is this? Well, conspiracy is what's floating around in my mind, but nevertheless, I'd like to know what is currently "the best" face wash and on-the-spot treatment?

Also, if anyone would like to comment on why this discontinuation keeps on happening despite each product's success, that'd be great.

What really gets me is the Herbal Logix by Advance Technologies. I can't even find their company anymore, and according to the reviews, it was once the best acne product out there. There isn't a single, bad review.

I agree that it is SO frustrating when they discontinue great products! I've had that happen to me for makeup, hair care products, skin care products, the list goes on and on! Anyway, I did a search to see what I could come up with and found this on a website that used to carry it: "We are sorry to inform you that the Herbal Logix line has been discontinued by suppliers, no longer available."

I saw a few Herbal Logix items available for purchase on eBay but that was it unfortunately. Good luck in your search for something you like!

Sorry for diggin up so old topic but I did not want to open a new thread knowing there is already one.

First, take a look at this page:

http://www.acne.org/stridex-fruit-therapy-.../178/page1.html

This "Stridex Fruit Therapy" was on the market 6 years ago but it got discontinued soon after very first launch. And it was despite the fact that efficeny of this cream was fantastic (as you can see in the link above).

My opinion is that big corporations do not want medicine that actually cures acne because ppl would not spend money on products that do not work (but give hope by decent marketing).

Here is the link to the topic when idegrients of this cream are listed:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/2-Salicylic-Gel-t10230.html

Do not try to search for this item on the Web because it is no more produced.

But idengrients of this product could give us a tip how we should approach problem of scars.

What we see here - salicylic gel, citric acid, Vitamin A Palmitate, Black Currant, Raspberry, Blackberry, Vitamin C Ester, Vitamin E Acetate. This is all pretty natural. Of course we have some artifical idegrients:

Sodium Borate, Sodium Hydroxide, Squalane, MDM Hydantoin, Fragrances, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 60, Propylene Glycol,

...but maybe they are only for a good scent and so that the product would not spoil fast?

I am not sure what questions I want to raise but I believe that it is worthwile to make a research in this direction. THEY already know what causes acne and how to cure acne but please do not expect them to give you product you need.

I do not have a clue about chemistry but this product does not seem to be very sophisticated. Maybe it could be relaunched by other (small) company outside the united states?

Maybe we could use this natural indegrients by ourselves? But what is the logic behind it?

What is salicylic gel? Citric acid? What is a unique properity of black currant, rasberry and blackberry ? What is sodium borate or hydroxide? Are the remaining artifical substances important?

Any opinions will be much appreciated.

Edited by zbr

That doesn't make any sense, if something works it will shift a lot of units, which means greater profits.