Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Great Reizo

Andrew's fantastic Vitamin A F***log!!!

I began yesterday with 120,000 IU's and today 250,000 IU's and will be continuing that dose for around a month or so along with the use of my other vitamins. What I noticed today? A definite decrease in oilyness. Usually it is a slick of grease within 3 hours, now it merely glows a little. This could be the greatest thing ever! We'll see. Hopefully vitamin A has the same kind of remission effect as accutane. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Cool, I've been taking 100,000 IU of vitamin a per day for just over a week now as I was breaking out quite a bit post accutane. It seems to be helping me. I did experience some initial breakouts though :).

That's pretty cool that it is helping you. This morning I woke up with a little oil, I rubbed my forehead and nose and there was just minimal shine. Usually I get a definite oil slick but it was pretty subtle so I am definitely optimistic! My back got overly dry from the Benzoyl Peroxide use everyday so I am putting that on hiatus and thus far I haven't really broken out, so call it an upside!

4th day...When I wake up I touch my face and rub, there is oil on my hand, just enough to reflect some light but no more than that...I wish I could tell you how much of a percentage my oil has decreased but I honestly don't know. It seems to have gone down though. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Those websites that say 50,000 IU is toxic is BS, at least for me anyway. I haven't experienced any side effects as of yet. It would be cool if I could continue this over a longer period of time if it works!

Okay guys, I am feeling just fine. I have noticed a modest decrease in oilyness and more of a gradual oilyness level. However. I went into Kroger yesterday and had my blood pressure checked and it was 127 over 80 and my pulse was 80 at resting. I don't know whether or not Retinol has caused these numbers to go up, or whether it is the fish oil...I may have to stop. My blood pressure has a history of being pretty low, along with my pulse.