Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hotcrossbuns

Slight problem from BP

ok im using proactiv... with the renewing cleanser and the repairing lotion (without the toner because it irritates my skin)... i follow this up by spot treating my small acne with 10% BP and use the refiining mask... Then i use the Oil Free Moisture...

The problem.. now im start to get small white flakes on the side and bottom of my face. I tried using lotion or anything.. is this because my skin is dry? I feel my skin gets really tight after using the products.. Can someone recommend a product for me (preferably over the counter at CVS or Safeway)?

Using BP has always caused people to shed skin and be flaky, that's the downside of BP, it can be very drying. BP has the "tightening" effect, thus you feel your skin feel tight. Are you used to 10% BP? Some cannot tolerate the extreme dryness of 10%, that is why you have to start with 2.5% first.

Using BP has always caused people to shed skin and be flaky, that's the downside of BP, it can be very drying. BP has the "tightening" effect, thus you feel your skin feel tight. Are you used to 10% BP? Some cannot tolerate the extreme dryness of 10%, that is why you have to start with 2.5% first.

yeah, i am using Proactiv which is 2.5%.. can u recommend me a moisturizer to get rid of this? Also will this eventaully go away the more i use BP?