Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
perkie

New to oral antibiotics - Cephalexin?

well I went to the derm today, cause I had this huge cyst on my nose, and he prescribed me Cephalexin 500mg 3x daily.

Im supposed to be taking it for 2 weeks.

does this only help with the infection, or can it help with acne as well??

thanks in advance.

well I went to the derm today, cause I had this huge cyst on my nose, and he prescribed me Cephalexin 500mg 3x daily.

thanks in advance.

hi there...yes, cephalexin is an antibiotic/antibacterial agent..it belongs to the cephalosporins family and is usually used for soft tissue infection..

in ur case, the derm prescribed it to get rid of the bacteria that might have caused ur cyst..inflammation occurs coz there's infection..so if u treat the infection, the inflammation will subside as well..

all the best to u..and may cephalexin works well..good luck!!! :dance: just be sure to drink it on time (to avoid bacterial resistance) and after meals, so u wont have any GI upsets..

(by the way, im a pharmacist,so u can trust me!! hehe)

thanks in advance.

hi there...yes, cephalexin is an antibiotic/antibacterial agent..it belongs to the cephalosporins family and is usually used for soft tissue infection..

in ur case, the derm prescribed it to get rid of the bacteria that might have caused ur cyst..inflammation occurs coz there's infection..so if u treat the infection, the inflammation will subside as well..

all the best to u..and may cephalexin works well..good luck!!! :dance: just be sure to drink it on time (to avoid bacterial resistance) and after meals, so u wont have any GI upsets..

(by the way, im a pharmacist,so u can trust me!! hehe)