Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dnttreadonme900

I have to go through Accutane with No Support

Initially, I had to beg my mom to bring me to the Derm and when she did, he told me I needed accutane and while she did everything she could to convince them that I should try something else, it didn't work.

Now, I finally got my birth control pills which I had to do myself and I have to go take a blood/pregnancy test. But I'm totally lost, and even more so now. I came home from a long day of school and work already in a bad mood to shit french fries and shit let over hamburgers my dad made because he refuses to make a decent meal. My mom tells me she talked to the nurse from the derm to see what my next step was and I was looking around for something to cook and said ok, but tell me later I'm not in the mood for talking. And with that she said, fine you're on your own. And I yelled, I don't even know what I'm doing and she said I was trying to tell you, and I said well I said tell me later why is that so hard. And then it ended with a screaming match and she almost tore up my birth control pills. She ends up storming off to her room and slams the door . It fucking pisses me off that she always plays the victim in everything. She makes everyone feel like they're the ones starting shit and its not just me. She does it to my father and my brother and I've had enough.

But I don't know what to do now with my accutane. I have the birth control pills but since my mom won't tell me how to go get my pregnancy test before I can even take my birth control.

I'm just losing all hope that I can't even achieve clear skin because theres people around me that don't want me to be happy.

I might as well just not even bother if it's gonna be this much trouble. I'm literally in tears because I know now that its just not gonna happen and I have no clue where to begin. I don't know anything about my insurance and I'm too terrified to go ask someone because I know I'll just break down. It's harder than it seems.

Sorry for anyone who had to read that.

sorry to hear youre going thru all of this with your parents.....maybe you can call your dermatologist and ask the questions you mentioned, or maybe talk to the nurse? how about contacting a family planning clinic re pregnancy test?

wished i had more answers for you.....

Thanks.

I think I might go to the lab tomorrow and see if they will give me a pregnancy test. I guess if I show them my iPledge book and card, if my mom didn't throw it out or destroy it already, they might know what to do, I don't know. And then I could go across the street to my derm and tell them I got the pregnancy test done. But I have a feeling the people at the blood test place aren't gonna be too helpful.

:(

NO ONE, except like my older sister knows that im on accutane....my parents are israeli, so i doubt they even know what the fuck accutane is. Honestly, if accutane has affected you that much and you KNOWWW you need this in your life, then do it dspite any barriers. It really isnt that hard, and if you go to college you should be able to go to a university health clinic which dos bloodwork for mad cheap. I opted out of taking birth control pills throughout my course because honestly, im not gona be getting layed while on tane and i dont need additional hormones to affect me mentally and make me gain lbs....

accutane isnt that hard, plus youre taking it at a time when schools almost done so any affects on concentration wont really matter...you can just chill out and relax and let your body heal throughout the summer.

If you need any help, just let me know. Im an expert at keeping shit from my parents. you shouldve just not even told your mom you were starting it in the first place....what they dont know wont hurt them.

NO ONE, except like my older sister knows that im on accutane....my parents are israeli, so i doubt they even know what the fuck accutane is. Honestly, if accutane has affected you that much and you KNOWWW you need this in your life, then do it dspite any barriers. It really isnt that hard, and if you go to college you should be able to go to a university health clinic which dos bloodwork for mad cheap. I opted out of taking birth control pills throughout my course because honestly, im not gona be getting layed while on tane and i dont need additional hormones to affect me mentally and make me gain lbs....

accutane isnt that hard, plus youre taking it at a time when schools almost done so any affects on concentration wont really matter...you can just chill out and relax and let your body heal throughout the summer.

If you need any help, just let me know. Im an expert at keeping shit from my parents. you shouldve just not even told your mom you were starting it in the first place....what they dont know wont hurt them.

grit your teeth and follow through with your plan....its a pain in the butt to get started on accutane, but its worth it. i was on it in early 2000 and now i'm on a second course, but its all worth it........if you need support, you can always come here and talk to people....after all, no one will understand you more than the people on this forum.

I WENT AND GOT MY BLOOD AND PREGNANCY TEST DONE TODAY WITHOUT NO ONES HELP!

I was scared because I didn't really know what I was doing because my mom didn't want to tell me what to do. So I brought in all my iPledge stuff and papers the derm gave me and the lab did everything else! I asked the lady who took my blood if they send the results to the derm and she said yes. I'm still a little confused on what I have to do, but I think now I can take my birth control, probably this sunday b/c I think I'm getting my period in a day or two. And once I start I call my derm to tell him I started so a month later I can go in for my accutane? I do know I need to get another pregnancy test again.

All support is welcomed.

Thanks everyone.

Once the derm's office gets your results, they can make your appointment for 30 days later. Call them tomorrow to see if they got the results. If they haven't, call them the next day, etc.

Before the next appointment, you have to get one more pregnancy test done, so do that a couple of days ahead so the lab has time to call in or fax over your results. Then on the day of your appt. you'll get your prescription, but first your dermatologist has to log in the info into iPledge. This will either be done right away or after you leave. He or she will give you the timeline of when that will happen. After that is done you can either call iPledge or go online to answer the questions. After that is done you take your prescription to the pharmacy and you'll have 7 days to pick it up (I didn't waste any time - I stuck around the 20 minutes it took to fill the order). The date your derm wrote you the prescription counts as day 1. I hope this helps! It seems confusing, but once you've got this all behind you it won't be confusing anymore, just a nuisance.

Once the derm's office gets your results, they can make your appointment for 30 days later. Call them tomorrow to see if they got the results. If they haven't, call them the next day, etc.

Before the next appointment, you have to get one more pregnancy test done, so do that a couple of days ahead so the lab has time to call in or fax over your results. Then on the day of your appt. you'll get your prescription, but first your dermatologist has to log in the info into iPledge. This will either be done right away or after you leave. He or she will give you the timeline of when that will happen. After that is done you can either call iPledge or go online to answer the questions. After that is done you take your prescription to the pharmacy and you'll have 7 days to pick it up (I didn't waste any time - I stuck around the 20 minutes it took to fill the order). The date your derm wrote you the prescription counts as day 1. I hope this helps! It seems confusing, but once you've got this all behind you it won't be confusing anymore, just a nuisance.

Hah I can't believe your mom still won't help you out. I hate it when parents act like little children who got their feelings hurt, both my parents do it all the time. Anyways I'm about to start Accutane in a few days too, getting my bloodwork done on Saturday, but I was wondering why do you have to wait 30 days? Pretty sure my derm said I can go on once she gets the results which should be in a week tops.

Ok.

I'm not sure if I should call them tomorrow to see if they got the results or wait until I start my birth control. Because thats what my derm said, call them when you start the birth control.

Also, within the 30 days, when should I get my 2nd pregnancy test?

Hah I can't believe your mom still won't help you out. I hate it when parents act like little children who got their feelings hurt, both my parents do it all the time. Anyways I'm about to start Accutane in a few days too, getting my bloodwork done on Saturday, but I was wondering why do you have to wait 30 days? Pretty sure my derm said I can go on once she gets the results which should be in a week tops.