Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul25

Tight skin

Does anyone else ever feel as if there skin is just tight and feels horrible? Im not sure what causes it really. I thought it was some of the products i was using but then when i dont use them i still get that horrible feeling. Could it be caused by any problems inside?

Does anyone else ever feel as if there skin is just tight and feels horrible? Im not sure what causes it really. I thought it was some of the products i was using but then when i dont use them i still get that horrible feeling. Could it be caused by any problems inside?

My skin used to feel like that all the time, especially in the winter. I thought it was because of all the washing, and that was part of it, but even when I would just rinse my face with water it would come back.

I believe what causes it is the overproduction of skin cells. You develop a thin layer of dead skin that doesn't shed normally, and it tends to flake. When I started changing my diet (I also no longer wash my face with products, just water) I noticed a lot of this skin coming off, it was a little weird at first because I thought it was getting worse, but it in fact got better.

After a while my face started feeling smooth, and I could rinse it with water without that tight feeling. It's still in the process of improving, but I've also had some set backs because of cheating on my diet (very important not to cheat if you want to heal, granted you found your triggers).

It still flakes some, but no where near what it was like before. I used to regularly exfoliate because of it, but in the end I got tired of removing layers of skin artificially, I wanted to find a way to get it to exfoliate naturally, I believe diet is going to get me there 100%.

harsh cleansers and hot water. for me cleansers that overdry, basically anything that's not developed for sensitive skin, breaks me out something terrible and also makes my skin dry and tight.