Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

alright, so i bought some Jojoba oil after reading the god reviews, but i dont really know how to use it. I hear you should put some on after cleansing your face, and then wash it off after a minute with warm water. I also have Cystic acne and pustules, is it ok for me to use this product on these affected areas? will it make it worse? and how bad is the Initial purge, is it juust a couple of small whiteheads? or fatty pustules..

Any advice on how to use this product will be appreciated. thanks

oh, and my face is dry/oily. its only dry bc i started taking 45mgs of zinc a day, which helps reduce the amount of sebum produced, but it feels really dry and flaky. makes skin very chaffed. i also just started taking 50mgs of minocycline twice a day. will using Jojoba oil make my skin even MORE dry bc i hear that jojo oil makes your skin less oily. i dont know if i should try this product or not.

Just try it. Some people use it to cleanse. Some as a moisturizer. It does clog the pores on my forehead so I avoid it there.

What I do is apply to a wet face or with wet fingers to help apply it thinly. And occasionally use it for cleansing, especially in the winter. Look up the oil cleansing method.