Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I'm currently taking:

Zinc 50 mg

Omega 3,6,9

Evening primrose oil/Cod liver oil

Magnesium/Calcium

Vitamin C

I also take 2 teaspoonful of Psyllium Husk.

I'm hoping to buy MSM powder, Saw palmeto (maybe), this Liver detoxificating pill (Milk thistle, dandelion, etc) and some probiotic pills. I'm just worried that this will be too much. Is it okay for me to take them all? If not, which one should I be taking? Also, I'm not too sure about buying these new products, so is there any recommendation for supplements that I should consider buying? Thx a lot.

broccoli cauliflower, vegetable not the pill

anything tomato v8 is ok

mixed nuts

carrots

take these as you would take supplements, with the same mentality.

then add-

vitamin e most important antioxident(so ive read on wiki)

taurine

nac - boosts glutathione an antioxidant

resveratrol

ala

acetyl l-carnitine

cla

co Q10 ubiquinol form which is most active

melatonin at night also a powerfull antioxident.

change your personality and deal with emotions effectively, unhealthy emotions raise stress levels and mess around with normal functioning of body.

develop healthy relationships that make you feel good and dont stress you out.

And the number one health tip i have is to find a significant other that you really click with, this will be your constant stress reliever and will make even the most shitty of circumstances seem way less shitty, it is well known that many people in old age die shortly after their partner dies, and lonliness will truly kill you a great relationship will improve your health so much.

Thx alot for your advices. I'm trying my best to better my social life and my life overall, after my acne put me into a complete stop.

I'm just wondering, is it necessary for me to take all those antioxidents?

vitamin e

taurine

resveratrol

ala

acetyl l-carnitine

cla

and where can I buy them?

More advices/tips/replies will be appreciated!

Thx alot for your advices. I'm trying my best to better my social life and my life overall, after my acne put me into a complete stop.

I'm just wondering, is it necessary for me to take all those antioxidents?

vitamin e

taurine

resveratrol

ala

acetyl l-carnitine

cla

and where can I buy them?

More advices/tips/replies will be appreciated!

certainly not necessary, but this is what i take based on all my research

ala, acetyl l-carnitine, co Q10 are all from hearts livers and kidneys of animals and very good for you but if you dont eat these things everyday which very few people do, then they are good supplemnts and have anti aging properties.

cla is a form of fat that is abundant in grass fed animals, its a good supplement to take if you cant afford or dont have access to grass fed meat.

taurine and nac i cant remember all the reasons why i take them but they are very beneficial for people suffering from inflammatory diseases, acne is a disease not just "something that happens".

everything else is easily researchable, but theres the scoop on the less popular supplements.

taurine and nac i cant remember all the reasons why i take them but they are very beneficial for people suffering from inflammatory diseases, acne is a disease not just "something that happens".

They are the sulfur containing amino acids. NAC is cysteine. Taurine is something your body takes from cysteine and methionine, another sulfur aminos. Few people need to supplement it, although in the Taurine threads, there is mention of some evidence that some people might not make it in sufficient quantities. Anyway, if you don't want to take so many supplements, the thing to do is eat a lot of sulfur containing foods which are in animal products, broccoli and related veggies, spinach, onions, garlic, etc.

Also, I don't know why you are supplementing omega 6. There is too much omega 6 in our diets, so you shouldn't need more. And you can get both omega 6 and omega 9 in olive oil.

Ah.. well, my Omega 3, 6, 9 are running low. So, I guess I'll just finish it off and only buy Omega 3 and just add in more olive oil to my diet.

I think I'll be buying Acidophilus pills, B-Complex, Co Q-10, ALA, Acetyl L-Carnitine, and CLA, mainly, because they come in a bundle and I can save a lot of money! I already have Taurine, I just never bothered to take it yet because I wanted to add in supplements one by one, which I'll do the same with these new supplements. I also drink lots of V8 or Tomato juice daily. But is drinking tomato juice just as good as V8? Also, is sulfer a big part of supplements to control acne? Thx for all your tips.

They are the sulfur containing amino acids. NAC is cysteine. Taurine is something your body takes from cysteine and methionine, another sulfur aminos. Few people need to supplement it, although in the Taurine threads, there is mention of some evidence that some people might not make it in sufficient quantities. Anyway, if you don't want to take so many supplements, the thing to do is eat a lot of sulfur containing foods which are in animal products, broccoli and related veggies, spinach, onions, garlic, etc.

Also, I don't know why you are supplementing omega 6. There is too much omega 6 in our diets, so you shouldn't need more. And you can get both omega 6 and omega 9 in olive oil.

Here are a few reasons why i take CLA, an omega 6

from wiki

Dietary Sources

Kangaroo meat may have the highest concentration of CLA when compared with other foods.[17] Food products of grass-fed ruminants (e.g. lamb, beef) are good sources, and contain much more CLA than those from grain-fed animals.[18] In fact, products of grass fed animals can produce 300-500% more CLA than cows fed the typical diet of 50% hay and silage, with 50% grain.[19]

Eggs are also rich in CLA, and it has been shown that the CLA in eggs survives the high temperatures encountered during frying.[20]

BENEFITS AND CONTROVERSY

Various antioxidant and anti-tumor properties have been attributed to CLA, and studies on mice and rats show promising results in reducing mammary, skin, and colon tumor growth[6]

A European team led by the Swiss scientist Lukas Rist has found that mothers consuming mostly organic milk and meat products have about 50 percent higher levels of rumenic acid in their breast milk.[7]

Studies on CLA in humans show a tendency for reduced body fat[8] particularly abdominal fat, changes in serum total lipids and decreased whole body glucose uptake. The maximum reduction in body fat mass was achieved with a 3.4 g daily dose.[9] CLA supplementation has, however, been shown to increase C-reactive protein levels, to possibly induce oxidative stress,[10] to reduce insulin sensitivity and to increase lipid peroxidation.[11] However, the significance of these findings is unknown, and other studies suggest that CLA may protect cells from oxidative damage by increasing glutathione levels without inducing lipid peroxidation.[12] It remains possible, however, that observations of increased markers of lipid oxidation may be related to potentially desirable lipolytic effects. Further studies are necessary to establish clinical significance.