Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Khrysalis

Pitting from extractions

I have 2 large pits on my nose from pore extractions that believe it or not I didn't create. I went to a high-end salon for a facial almost 2 years ago and extractions were part of the process I paid for. When I left my skin looked great, except for my nose. There were these 2 ugly pits left from the extractions, and they're still there today. Will these ever go away? Are these scars?

In general, I worry how good manual extraction is for the skin, although I know of no other method for clearing the white matter out of my pores. When I let it go, some pores seem to get stretched out, and it's very visible after the matter is cleared out. Anything better/gentler than manual extraction for cleaning matter from pores?

I have 2 large pits on my nose from pore extractions that believe it or not I didn't create. I went to a high-end salon for a facial almost 2 years ago and extractions were part of the process I paid for. When I left my skin looked great, except for my nose. There were these 2 ugly pits left from the extractions, and they're still there today. Will these ever go away? Are these scars?

In general, I worry how good manual extraction is for the skin, although I know of no other method for clearing the white matter out of my pores. When I let it go, some pores seem to get stretched out, and it's very visible after the matter is cleared out. Anything better/gentler than manual extraction for cleaning matter from pores?

If they are really deep, then nothing will get rid of them, only lessen them a bit. If they aren't very deep, you can get a TCA peel. They hurt like heck and if you only have scarring on your nose, I would only get the chemical put on your nose. It will go as deep as the first layer of the dermis, which should lessen the appearance of the pitted scars. I've had everything under the sun to try to lessen the appearance of the pitted scars that I have, and nothing has helped me, but mine are somewhat deep. At least you don't have a problem picking at your face, unlike me, that is a very hard habit to break which causes more scarring. Good luck to you ;)

Thanks. :) My acne is all cleared up thanks to the regimen, and I have some red marks that will fade with time. These pits on my nose are the only potentially permanent marks I have, although I worry that if I continue to use manual extraction I could end up with more pitting. Usually the enlarged pores go down on their own after a few days, but these did not. Thanks for the reply.