Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rileysmommie

what can I do or use while nursing baby?

Hi I'm new to this forum but not new to having bad acne and skin. :( I am a 22 year old mom with acne that is flaring pretty bad (some cysts, and whiteheads and generally bad bad skin huge pores , also some scars and red marks, oh and huge undereye circles) Anyway I am not willing to wean my baby to take anything for my acne since his need for mama milk is more important than my need to not look like crap lol. But it is really hurting my self confidence and I am really interested in anything natural I can use or take while nursing that will help my skin and not hurt my baby. If anyone has resources to what supplements are ok while nursing that would be great. Also I am interested in diet changes but am curious what those of you who cut out dairy and most carbs eat in a day to get enough calories. Thank you in advance.

Jennifer

Hi I'm new to this forum but not new to having bad acne and skin. :( I am a 22 year old mom with acne that is flaring pretty bad (some cysts, and whiteheads and generally bad bad skin huge pores , also some scars and red marks, oh and huge undereye circles) Anyway I am not willing to wean my baby to take anything for my acne since his need for mama milk is more important than my need to not look like crap lol. But it is really hurting my self confidence and I am really interested in anything natural I can use or take while nursing that will help my skin and not hurt my baby. If anyone has resources to what supplements are ok while nursing that would be great. Also I am interested in diet changes but am curious what those of you who cut out dairy and most carbs eat in a day to get enough calories. Thank you in advance.

Jennifer

Unless you have any intolerance to it, you should eat more low-mercury fish. Many here have gotten results from increasing omega 3s in supplements and fish. Besides, I know I've seen studies/claims about the lack of omega 3s in nursing mothers.

I still eat some dairy and lots of fruit and veggies, even some refined carbs in moderation, so don't have any suggestions if you want to avoid them other than to say, just if you aren't getting enough in the goods foods you eat, eat more of them. I'd say to especially eat plenty of nutrient dense fruits and veggies along with whatever protein source you choose.

I'm pregnant, so I had the same problem. I was taking several supplements that were working really well, but then when I got pregnant I had to stop taking them, just to be safe. So I had to find an alternative. What I found works for me now is:

Glucomannan soluble fiber taken with each meal

peppermint tea

vitamin D.