Notifications
Clear all

Clogged Pores/Sebum Plugs

MemberMember
(@thedak)

Posted : 03/03/2004 12:26 pm

anyone know how to get rid of those hard sebum plugs, i can pull them out with tweasers but that gets very tedious cause theres a bunch scattered here and there! lol, there must be a way to dissolve them or something. I cant use pore strips cause im on accutane, any advice would be great thx!

MemberMember
(@raf)

Posted : 03/03/2004 3:34 pm

you will have gotten rid of in some way automatically them once accutane cycle has finished or is close to being finished

And, if not, I 'd recommend you visit a beautician's salon and have you skin "cleaned" (in their jargon it means you'll have the blackheads extracted)

I had that before accutane and after finishing tane I did not notice any creation of these plugs. Especially thatnks to good hygiene (which involves Cetaphil and differin now)

btw one pal's said tday I looked like the mister of Internet on a photo. funny, considering I was looked upon as the ugliest in my hiper-crappy high school class

accutane does make the change

MemberMember
(@thedak)

Posted : 03/03/2004 4:18 pm

awesome, i have really good hygiene too (use cetaphil myself).. just these plugs are really annoying.. hopefully accutane will get rid of them like you said hehe, i will just pull them out with tweasers meanwhile (very gently) and then rinse my face with hot water and a cleanser so the unclogged pores/pores i just unclogged dont get any bacteria in them like i've been doing

MemberMember
(@malia)

Posted : 03/04/2004 3:36 am

i used to get the exact same thing when i started Retin-A micro. the only way i got rid of them was to let the Retin-A keep peeling it off. i was using Cetaphil w/no water for awhile and it worked well for the flaking but now the weather's getting humid where i am and i'm getting more plugs. do you think maybe it's the Cetaphil that gave you plugs in the first place?

MemberMember
(@billy2004)

Posted : 03/04/2004 9:01 am

you will have gotten rid of in some way automatically them once accutane cycle has finished or is close to being finished

And, if not, I 'd recommend you visit a beautician's salon and have you skin \"cleaned\" (in their jargon it means you'll have the blackheads extracted)

I had that before accutane and after finishing tane I did not notice any creation of these plugs. Especially thatnks to good hygiene (which involves Cetaphil and differin now)

btw one pal's said tday I looked like the mister of Internet on a photo. funny, considering I was looked upon as the ugliest in my hiper-crappy high school class

accutane does make the change

MemberMember
(@raf)

Posted : 03/04/2004 5:23 pm

tazorac is very good, due to some research done, even better in 24% than differin (which is quite quite good) but we're talking about the stronger gel (as fas as i rem. 0.1%), not the weaker one.

Effectivenes vs side-effects : very good.

Side effects are mostly: peeling the day after zorac (don't use it daily! - at most every other day!), erythema (red), lack of skin lipids (fragile skin, e.g. while shaving etc.)

and the worsening at start is also conceivable (yet not certain in everyone)

u must be mentioning whiteheads called also milia (p'haps beacuse they're like grains of millet). These are nasty ones, I remember heh :-s

MemberMember
(@stwalker)

Posted : 04/07/2011 10:06 pm

i have these white tiny things sticking out of my cheek area, nose, and sides of face. I finally found an over the counter remedy. Use for one week and you should see a difference. i am afraid to stop using but its works for me. I clean my face with Aveeno Clear complexion daily pads ($6.50)at night. Then I use CeraVA hydrating cleanser ($11.99) and afterwards, I apply Aveeno moisturizer ($7.00).

Please note: the pads contain 0.5% salicylic acid. If allergic, I would not use. Hope this helps.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/04/2011 9:43 pm

these god forsaken things are leaving me with scars. they seem to be easily rubbed off... is this normal?

MemberMember
(@yoldashh)

Posted : 10/04/2011 7:57 am

awesome, i have really good hygiene too (use cetaphil myself).. just these plugs are really annoying.. hopefully accutane will get rid of them like you said hehe, i will just pull them out with tweasers meanwhile (very gently) and then rinse my face with hot water and a cleanser so the unclogged pores/pores i just unclogged dont get any bacteria in them like i've been doing

hello,,i hope you good bro..did accutane help at all with sebum?and plugged whiete heads?tahnks

MemberMember
(@sjy7)

Posted : 04/02/2013 8:03 pm

anyone know how to get rid of those hard sebum plugs, i can pull them out with tweasers but that gets very tedious cause theres a bunch scattered here and there! lol, there must be a way to dissolve them or something. I cant use pore strips cause im on accutane, any advice would be great thx!

Yes. I struggled with these for about 8-9 months before I found out what they were. It's a non-classic appearance of ringworm. Just start applying some antifungal ointment (like clotrimazole 1% cream) twice daily; you will see improvement in 1-2 days, and everything will clear up in a week. Remember to keep applying to cream even after everything is gone for at least another two weeks, to make sure all the spores are gone.

The clotrimazone cream is really gentle too... it's nice on the skin.