Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JessicaRyan

this is frustrating

i am upset because summer is when you go swimming and on the lake and stuff and i do not want to avoid that because im on the regimen?? i have not ever had bad acne but the regimen is frustrating and dries my skin out so badly i dont want this. What will happen if i just stop the regimen and start doing proactiv?? will my skin get really bad?

i am upset because summer is when you go swimming and on the lake and stuff and i do not want to avoid that because im on the regimen?? i have not ever had bad acne but the regimen is frustrating and dries my skin out so badly i dont want this. What will happen if i just stop the regimen and start doing proactiv?? will my skin get really bad?

I would check out the FAQ's. There might be something about the regimen and swimming.

I can see your concern. Probably worried about your products washing off when swimming. I would still do your regimen in the morning, even if you plan to swim. Just be sure to wear sunscreen, as the BP will make your skin more sensitive to sun exposure. You shouldn't have to avoid or give up swimming during the summer. The evening regimen will be super important, since you'll be getting your longest BP exposure overnight. I personally think the p.m. regimen is more benefical anyway, since your skin does its best healing and rejuvenation overnight when you're asleep. But don't do the regimen more than twice daily or your skin may get too dry.

Hope this helps. Good luck, and try not to despair. Summer is for having fun! :D

Krys speaks the truth, she's got great advice! You *could* do proactive, but you'd have the same problems you have with the regimen as on Proactive, and Proactive might not be as effective anyways. (I've used both and Proactive also uses a leave in BP cream that can wash off if you're not careful)

Please do yourself a favor and dont use proactiv. The majority of the members here (myself included) didnt have success with proactiv and hate it. Your skin probably just needs to get used to the bp. How long have you been on the regimen? :)

Krys speaks the truth, she's got great advice! You *could* do proactive, but you'd have the same problems you have with the regimen as on Proactive, and Proactive might not be as effective anyways. (I've used both and Proactive also uses a leave in BP cream that can wash off if you're not careful)

Oh no, I misspelled even the abbreviation! No, I like Khrysalis, I just can't type properly today! Sorry about that!

Oh no, I misspelled even the abbreviation! No, I like Khrysalis, I just can't type properly today! Sorry about that!

I was wondering this too. If I do the regimen at lets say 11:30 A.M. and go swimming at 1 ish that means that the product may wash off and be off for 10 hours? If so this is a major bummer as I just started this winter.

AcneTrouble,

Yeah I can see where that would be tricky, so a little advance planning may be necessary. If you know you won't be swimming till afternoon, but like to sleep late, maybe set an alarm so you can wake up and do your regimen, then go back to bed for a few hours.

Otherwise, doing the regimen whenever you can would be better than not doing it.

Hope this helps. :D