Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my derm recently suggested microdermabrasions for my red marks, ranging from 6 months to 2 months old, some are quite deep but he says he believes i have no scarring jus hyperpigmentation.

has anyone had microdermabrasions? does it simply scrape off the skin revealing normal coloured skin? how many roughly does it take? do red marks just linger and then suddenly go or do they get increasing fainter over time before disappearing? they are quite expensive so i dont want to waste my money however i'd spend every penny i have if it got rid of these marks causing me so much suffering!?

they will grdually fade as you have more and more microdermabrasions, its impossible to tell the exact number that you will need but for red marks i am guessing 4-5, and yes essentially they just peel the skin off.

they will grdually fade as you have more and more microdermabrasions, its impossible to tell the exact number that you will need but for red marks i am guessing 4-5, and yes essentially they just peel the skin off.

I have my first peel on Friday for hyperpigmentation mark so in the same boat. I hope it works, will defo let you guys know. Im expecting so much from it but I am aware it may take atleast 4 to see good results but I am hoping for atleast some change with the first, enough so to make me book more. Its pricey!

I have my first peel on Friday for hyperpigmentation mark so in the same boat. I hope it works, will defo let you guys know. Im expecting so much from it but I am aware it may take atleast 4 to see good results but I am hoping for atleast some change with the first, enough so to make me book more. Its pricey!

I feel you the exact same way! I also find them to be worse. They just stay there forever and i'd rather suffer with more acne which can be controlled and no have skin which hyperpigments easily then have less but have to deal with this. Even though my acne is mild it seems far worse with these marks enough to ruin my life. Well they are superficial and I also have some uneveness which I am hoping will benefit greatly. I just hope that somehow I dont breakout afterwards as I have heard some horror stories although rare.

I feel you the exact same way! I also find them to be worse. They just stay there forever and i'd rather suffer with more acne which can be controlled and no have skin which hyperpigments easily then have less but have to deal with this. Even though my acne is mild it seems far worse with these marks enough to ruin my life. Well they are superficial and I also have some uneveness which I am hoping will benefit greatly. I just hope that somehow I dont breakout afterwards as I have heard some horror stories although rare.

i too have mild acne, reall yonly one or two spots at a time, but my skins really marks so it looks like im covered in spots when im really not, have you controlled your acne now sid? how have you managed this? im taking minocycline and useing differin gel, do you know if its ok to have treatments such as peels while takeing this medication?