Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
P-Unit26

Should I try Dan's Regimen or Light Phototherapy?

My Proactiv is running out and I want to try something new.

My mild active acne seems to be slowing down a little but it's still there, but my scars are what are really bothering me. I can handle the usual pimple but my scars vary in angriness and redness daily. Should I try Dan's regimen or get a red/blue therapy light?

Has anybody tried both of them, who could share some insight?

I tried the blu-u light therapy, 3 times a week for 6 weeks and it did absolutely nothing. After changing derms recently, I mentioned this light treatment to the new doc. She said that it doesn't work for a lot of people and really kills about the same amount of bacteria as benzoyl peroxide does!

So...I guess I would have been better of with a $4 tube of BP than spending hundreds of dollars and wasting all that time with those stupid appointments!

Thanks for your reply. I'm thinking of getting one of the combination red/blue lights and using it every day, but I don't want to shell out $200 for something that might not work, whereas I could test Dan's Regimen for what, $35.

Decisions decisions....