Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I would like to know if there is anything i should try b4 accutane..i tried dan's regimen didnt work..differin it didnt work...bp makes it WORSE!

:(

My acne is not like big cysts but it very inflamated!!!!!!

it's entirely up to you if you feel like you have tried everything else get accutane try it for a month or two if it doesnt work stop it

No. I took it twice and it did absolutely nothing for me. see sig.

Avoiding an allergen stopped the worst of the cystic acne I used to get. Diet changes and some supplements made my skin clear and a lot less oily. It especially helps with inflammation. I have rosacea as well, yet my face is never red anymore. And I still occasionally get a cyst due to my allergy, but they are much smaller, less inflamed and heal much faster than they used to when I ate/drank sugar and other inflammatory foods all day.

Workin wonders on me now. I say do it, its not bad at all, overhyped side effects.

Its made for severe acne in the first place. But the doctor may put you in antibiotics first before trying accutane.

For guys yeah, I though girls could give oral contraceptives a go first especially as the side effects aren't as extreme and girls acne is sometimes hormonal.

just keep seeing different dermatologists until one comes up with the right way for you to clear your skin. that's what I did, and I can't take accutane.

I've been on a healthy diet for a year now and I'm turning to accutane. The only thing I havnt tried is eating raw only and to be honest, fuck that, after all this time.

I would like to know if there is anything i should try b4 accutane..i tried dan's regimen didnt work..differin it didnt work...bp makes it WORSE!

:(

My acne is not like big cysts but it very inflamated!!!!!!

Only you (and your doctor) can say for sure. Everyone's skin is different, and everyone's acne is different. I suffered horrible cystic acne since I was twelve, but the last few months through a combination of oral antibiotics, topical retinoids, and herbal supplements I've been clear with the exception of a few tiny surface zits. It took a while to find the proper regimine, but in the overall I was lucky; some people go years without finding an effective treatment.

Accutane is the weapon of last resort. It's effective for the overwhelming majority (read: not everyone, but NEARLY everyone) of acne sufferers, but it also comes with risk and side effects, some of which can be very serious (unfortunately those, too, depend entirely on who you are. Everyone's body is different). If you have a doctor you trust, operate off of his/her opinion as to whether you must resort to Accutane at this point. If you don't have a doctor or don't feel confident in your doctor, then finding a good one is the first step toward succesful treatment.

Good luck, and don't lose hope.

I agree totally with DecepticonX7...

Each one's case is different and you wouldn't know if its gonna work for you until you try it...

Well, in my case, I didn't try accutane, but erothromycin and doxycycline both worked extremely well for my severe acne. Erythromycin for 2 courses each 5 months, and doxy currently still taking, a year and still going already.

I am being honest when I say that it isn't for everyone. I was on accutane and it had bad effects on me. My acne worsened to the point where I wasn't at school because of my back. I was put on prednisone and so far the results have been positive. But from what I have heard accutane is a very good drug.. Just not for me..but who knows maybe I will be put back on again.

Everyone is different and their particular skin , internal systems deal differently with certain treatment. It's why we are all here. I know in my case that only a strong retinoid and antibiotics have worked for me. Accutane is my last resort, but I'm doing so well on Tazorac/Clindamyacin/ Minocycline combination that I'm not even going to go there. My problem is hormonal and stress with a few allergens thrown in to make things worse. Complicated case. Certain foods and chemicals will set off my acne. Stress plays a big part. I'm caring for my mom who is terminal with cancer and I'm a widow raising a 9 year-old. Can you say Stessed to the Max? Stress adds to my acne problem. Yoga, Relaxing, Staying away from Milk, most white sugar, bread and sodas help me. Drinking green tea, take Vitamin c and zinc and just learning to relax and make time for myself. I find that the more I worry about my face, the worse it gets. I had to just throw on some tazorac and let it do it's thing. It got worse before it got better. I knew that would happen. I expected it. But I didn't let it bother me. I stayed positive. I don't even think about my face too much during the day. I think many of us have OCD issues which contribute to our problem (Touching face, over cleansing, too many products, picking etc). I decided to go to a derm. Let them fix the problem and follow what they tell me to do instead of creating my own "treatment". I finally found a decent derm who doesn't play around. In the end it saves me mony instead trying the latest and greatest.