Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ellsma

Covering this huge red scabby spot - Ideas please

Hi

I am a fellow adult acne sufferer , but now just down to one of two huge ones round the time of the month. Found this site by chance when surfing for help

Got one at the mo, which I have picked, yes I no the wrong thing to do....but need some advice on the best way to conceal it. Not good with make up but need something to make it less noticeable

Cheers

ellsma x x x

Eye drops. Seriously, it will help take the red out. Just put a drop directly on the spot, leave for 10 seconds and then wipe away. After a minute or so, you will see a difference.

Put a dab of moisturizer on it and rub in. Leave for 10 minutes or so and then you can try to put a bit of concealer over it. The spot has to be dry, though. If it's at all bleeding or oozing that clear stuff, no makeup will stick to it.

Good luck

Eye drops. Seriously, it will help take the red out. Just put a drop directly on the spot, leave for 10 seconds and then wipe away. After a minute or so, you will see a difference.

Put a dab of moisturizer on it and rub in. Leave for 10 minutes or so and then you can try to put a bit of concealer over it. The spot has to be dry, though. If it's at all bleeding or oozing that clear stuff, no makeup will stick to it.

Good luck

Thanks will try that one out, its gone down a bit this morning but still red!!!

Have you tried a green concealer? Works great at covering up angry red spots....can then dab some ordinary concealer over the top followed by a dusting of powder to keep it in place. Good luck!

If you only have one mark, I wouldn't feel too pressured to cover it.

Back when I had clearer skin, I got this one huge blemish next to my nose, and after a while -- with lots of picking -- it turned into a scab that looked kid of like a cigarette burn. A photographer thought it looked cool and I ended up doing a one-time modeling thing for a graphic design magazine xD

Moral of the story: don't worry about it :3