Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im going to be starting accutane in less than a month, i would like to know if anyone has been on it... what are the results, and what kinds of lotion and stuff should i use while taking it?? any info is great, thanks!!

Aquaphor, Aquaphor, Aquaphor. It's going to be the only thing that works for your lips. Get the little tubes of it as well as the big tub for your skin at night. I lather up in the Aquaphor before I go to bed, and then I take a shower every morning to wash it off because it makes you kinda shiny.

Also, I use Eucerin Calming Cream through out the day for my skin.

First off, expect a pretty bad inital break out! lol, not to psyche you out, I've been told it will all be good in the end, but I'm a month into it and still waiting for this breakout to go away.

As far as lotions, for the lips Aquaphor in the best. Expect them to be very dry. For the rest of the face "Cetaphil" lotion works well. I also personally use Jergen's Natural Glow FACE, which is supposed to make you look tan. I'm a guy and I don't wear makeup, so it helps blend in the all the red marks that look bad on pale skin.

And no matter where you go, always have chap stick with you!!! Lol, unless you want to carry the aquaphor container around..

I like using Olay's Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid as a moisturizer. It hydrates my face very well..... and it's light, non-greasy, dermatologist tested, and it won't clog your pores :D.

I use medicated Blistex for my lips. Gets the job done for a couple hours. Although I hear Aquaphor is the best.

For my body I use African Gold Solid Cocoa Butter. This stuff keeps my shoulders, hands, and arms hydrated for like 2 days. I love it. Hope this helps ya! ;)

I got one of those nice water bottle that are doubled layer so they don't sweat. I carry it around with me all the time and constantly sip on it throughout the day. It is so easy to get dehydrated on accutane and that causes headaches for me.

I agree with aquophor, I use it on my lips and on my face at night. I also like the medicated chap stick, it seems to work better than aquophor for me (but I can't seem to find it, so I'm using aquophor right now). I've also heard good things about emu oil and vitamin e oil, but have yet to try them. I'm going to go get the emu oil today.

For face wash I use Aveno ultra calming foaming face wash (well at least thats what I think its called). I like it because it is really gentle and doesn't dry my face out.

Also if you wear makeup I would recommend trying a mineral foundation. I use everyday minerals and it works great. For me it does the best job of covering without it being noticeable that I have make up on. And compared with liquid makeup, it looks best on my dry flaky skin. Liquid makeup always looked so horrible on me when my skin was dry, it made it obvious I was wearing makeup. But the mineral makeup still looks natural, even though you can still see the dry skin.

my lips have been getting even drier than they were last week... maybe i will try the blistex... have any of u all used jojoba oil (dono if thats spelled right) for reducing the dark red marks left over?

I haven't used it but I haven't read anything negative about it either. I went to a bunch of pharmacies a week ago looking. None of them had 100% jojoba oil :ohno:. I really don't want to have to buy it off the net. Sorry I couldn't help with your question but maybe someone here can help us. I'm interested myself.....

I've used jojoba oil, but I don't think it has reduced any dark marks. I thought that was emu oil? but I could be getting them confused.

Anyways, it works great as a moisturizer, I rotate it with emu and vitamin e oil. And I got all those at Vitamin Shoppe.